Discussion: Key Republican Moderate Holds Out On Obamacare Replacement Bill

I too called my rep’s office and told them that if he voted for this bill, I expected that all the sick people in his district who would no longer be able to pay for their care due to this bill were going to land on his doorstep asking HIM to pick up the check. I don’t think this is hyperbole, either. I really do think sick and desperate constituents ARE going to go to their congressional office asking for help, and that’s the last thing a congressperson wants to see.

2 Likes

My Freedom Caucus Congressman had his office call me yesterday to say he was not supporting the replacement bill…first call back ever. (I had called Thursday on this specific concern…oh and his down low Russian meeting that I read about.)

So is he not supporting it because it’s a money grab for the rich that will throw millions out of real insurance, or is he not supporting it because it’s still not heartless enough?

1 Like

Didn’t ask. I think I scared him with a Russian meet question…

A “moderate Republican” is an oxymoron these days. If McConnell or Ryan is your leader, and you are affiliated with the GOP, you are not a moderate unless only when compared with the Freedom Caucus. Pitiful Party of dopes.

You’ve been faked out. This guy cannot have a soul and remain a Republican.

I really never hear anybody (else) say that, but I think you’re right. Marshall Raygun really started the long downhill slide (with a few aberrations like BHO) from actual statesmanship – even a crook like Nixon took the office seriously – to the crap we’ve got now.

Its time for the GOP to declare their Repeal Obamacare campaign DEAD!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available