Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

I feel exactly the same as you.

Kelly is stunned? I am stunned. Stunned that a former military man would lower his standards so far as to defend the actions and words of a man who said that some Nazis are good people. He has been compromised. Kelly would do well to not let his son’s death become the means by which a treasonous, fascist prick ducks his own reprehensible behavior day-in-and-day-out since he took the oath of office.

Kelly is actually letting Trump use his dead son as a ploy. Another prop in Donald’s neverending quest to convince the world that He Is The Greatest. That’s sick.

9 Likes

Wasn’t it St. Ronnie Reagan who made it mandatory for ERs to assist the indigent in emergency situations? Jesus, how far the Rs have fallen in less than 3 decades. They’d better stop invoking St. Ronnie now. He’s no longer a Republican.

4 Likes

“the only thing I could do to collect my thoughts was to go and walk among the finest men and women on this Earth.”

What a degraded person!

He thinks working for a human stain like Trump is “walking among the finest”??

Sickening!

1 Like

I should have said a victim of his own expectations. Well heck, lets call him roadkill. Not in the same category as those you pointed out of course. But whether he is operating voluntarily or not, he went in with different expectations. He has likely realized to his horror that there is ultimately no control over Trump. He should stand up, but obviously is going the other direction. Damnable of course.

3 Likes

Right now in this moment of time, I am in complete admiration for Rep. Wilson far, far more than I am with Kelly. Wilson was in the car at the invite of the family. She did’t need Kelly’s permission.

Thank you for speaking out Rep. Wilson, that takes balls. Especially when it’s a given there will be nasty pushback.

7 Likes

He only took 3 questions, and only with his Gold Star family association.
After all the US wars in my lifetime (60 years), I know many Gold Star families from WWII to Vietnam to Iraq. I would venture to say most Americans know Gold Star families.
Kelly said he “We don’t look down upon those of you who that haven’t served.”
Yet you did.

5 Likes

It appears that when Trump asked Kelly for his loyalty, Kelly jumped up, saluted smartly and said heartily, “Yes, Sir!”

3 Likes

Yes. The Congresswoman whom Kelly insults was actually serving her constituents. That’s her job. You, General Kelly failed to do your job properly, and your boss did his job even worse. The General and the Commander in Chief need to Man Up!

8 Likes

Again, why does anyone in the military vote for the GOP?

Again, why does anyone in the intelligence community vote for the GOP?

Gold Star Families are apparently trash now, along with the Gestapo CIA and the Russian-loving FBI. Who else is left the for commie GOP to insult in these communities?

8 Likes

When he said: “He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed,” referring to the death of his own son, I thought how sad, how truelly backwards a culture we have where this would be preferable to making love to a beautiful person, seeing the smile of your children, enjoying an incredible meal, feeling the sun on your face. I would venture to bet that when the life was draining from his body he was wishing he were doing one of these other things.

4 Likes

Colonel Blimp!

4 Likes

When Kelly was at DHS, I’m pretty sure he was all in with the Muslim ban, so I don’t think he’s a great guy who’s being besmirched by his association with Trump. He’s just not quite as horrible as Trump and his Mafioso staff. But he’s not a good guy.

What he just did was really disgusting and manipulative. He’s sold his soul. That having been said, maybe he thought if he did this, he would have a little more control over Trump and the nuclear football, because he threw himself on his sword for Trump and savaged Trump’s enemies.

4 Likes

I hope the Generalissimo knows that you can’t put the shit back in the asshole ( unless you have Clostridium dificile; and then, just a wee dram of shit).

4 Likes

Were Niger one of our allies, of which we have none really in Africa, then training assistance by our special forces is appropriate. Otherwise, just as in Afghanistan, there isn’t fuck all we can do for any country you can think of in Africa. These are religious and tribal conflicts that are not within our power to solve.

1 Like

Kelly: “It stuns me that a member of congress would have listened in on that conversation. Absolutely stuns me. I thought at least that was sacred.”

The Washington Post: “While admitting that there was not a recording, Sanders noted that other top officials, including Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, were on the call.”

Hmm. So much for “sacred.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/18/sarah-huckabee-sanders-just-admitted-trumps-proof-doesnt-exist/?utm_term=.b84a3da9729c

9 Likes

The day is coming (assuming we survive this shitshow) when a “respected” smooth talker like Kelly will run for President.

God help us.

3 Likes

I think Kelly is having his Sean Spicer inauguration day moment.

7 Likes

As I think Josh alluded to, he attacks Wilson for initiating and securing funds for the new Miami FBI building, in memory of slain FBI agents,

“I’ll end with this: In October – April, rather, of 2015, I was still on active duty, and I went to the dedication of the new FBI field office in Miami. And it was dedicated to two men who were killed in a firefight in Miami against drug traffickers in 1986”

“a congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, …she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”

In reality, Wilson was always upfront about obtaining funding for the building in the name of the fallen agents.
Kelly is really speaking out his ass on this topic.

(video is dull. Screenshot is the important point)

7 Likes

Applause

3 Likes

Saying “he knew what he was doing” may be a somewhat OK thing to say if one is a decorated soldier and officer that has spent most of his/her life in the military and actually knows what military service is about. That phrase does not work at all if it is said by a draft dodger who doesn’t know anything about the word ‘service’ (except as it applies to his personal servants).

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available