Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

But trump said he didn’t say it (and had proof!) so why is Kelly even mentioning that.

I wondered about that, too. Kelly took responsibility for the suggestion to his boss to say what Trump said he never said. SMH (Scratching my head). Also, the consolation offered to a fellow soldier about a loss would be different from what you’d offer to a spouse.

8 Likes

I am not a psychologist. But I get a sense that the general has channeled the grief of losing his son into bitterness and hate against Preshitident Obama. This explains why he endorsed the pro-white christian supremacist speech following Charlottesville.

I think the reason Kelly is coming out swinging a club now is because he was likely the architect of the White House strategy to insult President Obama by weaponizing the unfortunate death of his son. He now sees that his plan is misfiring.

Somebody ought to ask whether Kelly’s son’s widow got a call. That will shut this human bag of excrement up. Clearly, the Kellys got invited to the White House breakfast for GoldStar parents.

5 Likes

What happened in Niger? Why is there radio silence from the maladministration? What are they covering up? Did it involve Vlad Putin? Is that why Donnie is so silent on what we were doing in Niger? Come on, Gen. Kelly, stop trying to divert the attention away from the real story here – especially attacking a grieving widow while doing so, for god’s sake.

5 Likes

No question about that. He knew that there was no way to casually mention that Obama didn’t call him. It’s even worse, because he was invited to the White House, which is a much bigger honor than a phone call.

6 Likes

Kelly is nothing but an SOB, it would appear.

5 Likes

I remain so pissed at Kelly I cant see straight, I feel tricked, scammed, fooled into thinking he was forthright, a man with ethics and a moral compass finely calibrated/
No
He is just another fucking hack and scumbag, a Sammy Gravano to Trumps Gotti.
What gets to Kelly he is:
Stunned: Poor man he is stunned because a Congresswomen is in a car with constituents that are also acquaintances helping them cope with a tragedy when Trump calls on the mobile that is on speaker answers a member of the presses question about how it went.

Not Stunned: Kelly for some reason had no issue with Trump bringing up calls made or not made by Bush and Obama and as per normal lying about it.

Not Stunned: Kelly had no problem with Trump telling the Press to inquire with Kelly about any calls made to Kelly when his own son was killed in service to the country.

Stunned: A black female congresswoman, the same one above, mentions in a dedication of a new FBI office that her efforts were important in getting it built. So shocking that he says the office was dedicated in memory of Agents killed in a drug arrests and the sacred moment was bastardized by this political moment. Of course they were white supremacist bank robbers not drug dealers and the building was being built with or without their death, it was not a memorial it was a fucking office that they just happened to decide to dedicate to them.

5 Likes

I heard that Commander Bone-Spur said he likes soldiers that don’t step on landmines, right?

2 Likes

I think there is a good reason for this dramatic act of faux outrage by John Kelly at the White Press Conference. The primary reason for the brutal and frontal attacks on a Gold Star family was to threaten the other three Gold Star families into silence.

I am certain Preshitident Anusmouth-Putindickholster did not know their names either and also told them they’d signed up. Meanwhile the Washington Post had already found that the Preshitident had not kept his promise to provide $25K to another Gold Star family. There was an active effort to reach the 20 families whose sons and daughters had died on Anusmouth-Putindickholster’s watch.

4 Likes

[quote=“sniffit, post:207, topic:63983”]
He just engaged in one of the most glorious acts of credibility defenstration we’re likely to see in our lifetimes
[/quote]Anyone who uses the word defenestration is ok in my book, lol.

Oh, OK then. In honor of the wonderfully outrageous Tyson Mead, the Godfather of Alternative Rock: Cut Your Soul in Half

1 Like

I forgot he added how women use to be viewed as sacred, nut sadly not now . Wow, and his boss really holds women in high regard.

2 Likes

Shorter “Baghdad Bob” Kelly:

Yes, Trump very graciously called that woman about what’s-his-name - you know, the dead one!

2 Likes

Well, he holds something.

2 Likes

Yes. So is Kelly General Buck Turgidson or Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper?

1 Like

Kelly is stunned that in John Roberts’ Post Racial America that the black community still bands together as a close extended family like their ancestors did when one of their own had fallen on Southern plantations? That they still must cleave together because they are held at arm’s length by our purposely divided society?

He was surprised that they share their grief and that this Congresswoman would be in the car with the widow going to Dover when Trump called and the family put it on speaker phone?

Snap out of it, General. Blacks bleed red and mourn just like you and your kin. They just have to be more careful about how they react to it than whites…according to who? You? How dare you. How dare you turn Trump’s bile back onto a family in pain.

Kelly needs to understand what his words today implied and how they are being received by a nation divided by Trump. A clear and growing majority just doesn’t trust or respect this president because of the devious, revengeful way he acts and the insulting things he says.

And something else, Kelly has to understand that he has chosen his extended family, too; and it’s the corrupt Trump Russian Mafia Crime Family.

1 Like

From Josh, just a few minutes ago:

Rep. Frederica Wilson responds to John Kelly’s attack: “John Kelly’s trying to keep his job,” Wilson told POLITICO on Thursday. “He will say anything. There were other people who heard what I heard.”

8 Likes

“And a congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money — the $20 million — to build the building. And she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”

Really? REALLY!?!?!?!? Look, I have no doubt in my mind that Wilson is just as much of a self-serving and ridiculous ass as the rest of them, but the absolute, unadulterated self-awareness vacuum it takes for a member of this administration to criticize someone doing something such as that which is described int he above quote is FUCKING. INSANE.

We are literally…L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y…awash in the unrelenting horror of Trump doing things that clueless, insensitive and self-aggrandizing MULTIPLE TIMES EVERY DAY, and yet this misinformed-and-or-lying fucking OLD-BOY has the unmitigated gall to defend him by attacking the messenger for having once made the mistake of doing something similar? To engage in the playground politics of “I know you are but what am I?” with this situation??? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME???

This better blow up. This NEEDS to blow up. I want nuclear shit to rain down on this. I may wear it more on my sleeve compared to most, but I still simply can’t understand how everyone is so fucking calm about it. Maybe this hit me at a weird angle or something, but I find Kelly’s statement and attitude and all of it so cosmically infuriating I can’t sit still.

12 Likes

“Back when boys were boys and men were men”

7 Likes

They can’t even get fucking FEMA tarps to keep the rain out of their roofless homes.

6 Likes

Back when life lay before me and my spirit was young.

The default for all of us – especially those with zero imagination – is to idealize the time of our youth. It takes mental effort to see beyond the biases that were trained into us.

3 Likes

Someone tell Gen. Kelly it’s all over…Career, reputation, sense of decency. He’s managed to flush it away all in 90 days. Atta boy, asswipe!

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available