Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

Never understood that.

2 Likes

Shorter Kelly: “Circle the wagons, boys, the n—rs are getting uppity.”

4 Likes

We who have insurance know how ER bills are paid and how fees for medical services are padded so that services can be provided to folks without.

4 Likes

A near lifetime of honorable military service destroyed in 10 months in Trump’s sphere. I blindly presume that Kelly was an honorable man before coming into the Trump Administration. That can not be said anymore. What he did at DHS and what he’s done as Chief of Staff is deplorable. He is complicit in everything. What he did today is downright despicable.

6 Likes

Anyone who believes that women have been “sacred” at any time in American history has a weak grasp on that history, General Kelly. Women have been, and continue to be, systematically and deliberately relegated to inferior status to men.

It happens every time an idiot on the street catcalls a woman, or tells her how much prettier she would be if only she would smile more.

It happens every time a man gets paid 20% (roughly, rounded figure) more than a woman doing the same job.

It happens every time a man in a business meeting interrupts a woman and begins talking over her.

It happens every time your boss, Mr. Kelly, denigrates a woman’s looks and uses that as a basis for belittling her ideas.

Anyone who works for that piece of slime in the Oval Office who bragged about sexually assaulting women has forfeited all rights, now and forever, to talk about the sanctity of women.

If you want to talk about the sanctity of the military, General Kelly, that is your right. You have earned that.

I, personally, don’t hold the military as sacred. I respect all who serve, but they are not heroes to be worshipped and held on a higher plane than the rest of us. A society needs servants in all walks of life in order to function. Warriors are not more highly prized citizens than social workers, or school teachers, or librarians, or entrepreneurs. We need every last one of them, and every last one of them deserves our respect.

10 Likes

Manged to hit return …

But after spending too many visits in ERs in the middle of the night with the mother-in-law, it is obvious to me that they are inundated by cases that could be handled elsewhere. And that would be at less cost as well.

2 Likes

Part of the problem is that the political instincts which allow one to advance in the military rarely work well in the civilian sector. Look how badly Wesley Clark flubbed when he attempted the transition.
Kelly has zero feel for civilian politics, and the frustration is driving him to make worse and worse errors. I also believe his values are warped, but that is a separate issue.

5 Likes

Consider him one of Trump’s victims.

1 Like

It’s time to let this go.

2 Likes

We all have the movie industry mogul on our minds and know how complicit that industry is, and it’s just one of many, that silently conspire to keep women from achieving their career goals. Unless . . .

@bodie1 When NYT takes this story in its many facets off its front page we’ll let it go.

1 Like

He added “It’s either me or Stephen Miller as Trump Whisperer, so take your pick, people. I go, you better start planning the drive to that New Zealand bolthole.”

1 Like

You know that’s a really good point. Normally he’d exploit an attack like this ten ways to Sunday.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with everything.

4 Likes

Well, hey, they’re no longer sacred, so why not?

2 Likes

Teatroll Rosetta Stone: “WHY OH WHY CAN’T IT BE THE 1950’s FOREVER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?”

3 Likes

Nailed it!

G. Kelly is attempting to poop scoop this shit show, in order to keep us from declining any further into democratic decay…

1 Like

I wonder if he criticized Perry in '16.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I leave for two hours and…

Kelly attacks a gold star family.

That’s…again I have no words. That’s happening more and more nowadays.

6 Likes

Listening to General Kelly’s unedited speech (NBC video), I gather he has 1) a longstanding grievance against Congresswoman Wilson (perhaps that interfered with his understanding?) and 2) like many his age, he fervently wishes we could all just roll back the clock to the days of his youth – “when the world was so much better” in his opinion. Perhaps those two factors contributed to the emotional complexity?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available