Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

You realize how far we’ve fallen when we’re blaming Kelly for Trump’s incompetence and failure to do the job as POTUS.

Fundamentally unfit. Seems it’s become an understatement.

2 Likes

F this tell us what went down in Niger…

4 Likes

Covering for whatever happened in Niger…he’s playing along b/c whatever it t hat happened could be serious damaging to trumps creditability

4 Likes

Exactly my thought. The timing of the call was all wrong.

4 Likes

Uh, why would you imagine things he did not say? He said what he said.

3 Likes

Dignity wraiiiiiiiith. Can he outdo himself for Halloween? We’ll see.

1 Like

He’s ‘stunned’ that the congresswoman ‘listened in’ when he knows damn well it was on speaker but NOT stunned that Trump used his words to criticize a former President ? Is this some of those vaunted ‘ethics, morals and values’ you Republicans preach about? If you’re as good a guy as they say you are then I’m REALLY worried that you’re staying because Donnie is so unstable.

4 Likes

Seems to me Kelly was in the room listening in, so why does he think that’'s okay? It doesn’t matter what he and Trump’s minions think. It’s what the family of Sergeant Johnson thinks, and the Congresswoman said exactly that. When Trump can’t refer to the fallen solder by name and calls his wife the woman and the wife, that’s disgusting. Fuck you John Kelly. You are complicit in the downfall of this country and are supporting a man who doesn’t belong in the Whitehouse. I am sorry you lost your son, but there is a dark side to you. You and Trump belong together. How does it feel to be used by him?

5 Likes

Stunned?

Bitch, he knew what he signed up for!

We’ve had Trump’s Katrina and his Benghazi within a couple weeks. Now we get his General Baghdad Bob.

Great!

7 Likes

O snap!

5 Likes

So now we know Kelly ISN’T just a babysitter, he’s a part of it all…the white supremacy, the know nothing-ism, the religious extremism.

Stop treating this guy like he’s special. There were plenty of soldiers who fought for Germany who went on to support Hitler, this idea that service is a halo needs to stop. Wilson needs to come back hard.

6 Likes

Matt, I’m glad you weighed in and gave a bit of insight on the struggle you go through to get the tone right. We’ve formed our own opinions of the general, and very few if any are complimentary. That you can be objective as you wrote this is to your credit. :bouquet:

@fedupwithtp moron exploited the death of the general’s son in order to segue into criticism of President Obama being AWOL for servicemen. Or so he was told or heard…

@yskov You’ve pointed to the elephant in the room and it’s what we women know so instinctively we often don’t point it out because it seems to be in vain. :scream:

12 Likes

“John Kelly is the adult in the room, keeping America safe from Trump.”
More Fake News. I’m sick of the fake fucking news.

6 Likes

It’s a hypothetical, but the reaction would have been very different if it had been a white, male Congressman. I am sure of that.

9 Likes

Did you think he had a soul before? He is owned by the Industrial Military Complex, you don’t get to be a General if your are not fully committed to it.

1 Like

Indeed. You don’t have to look far to get examples - Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren - we get shushed pretty regularly.

6 Likes

Excellent point.

1 Like

And keep women out of the Marines. Just sayin’.

10 Likes

Look who is politicizing it - Trump started it and Kelly continues it.

7 Likes

So there was no fabrication as Trump fabricated?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available