Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

I am honored with a daughter, a psychologist, works with LGBT at risk youth. She’s 110 pounds in soaking wet winter clothes and I pity ANYONE that gets between her and a goal. I’ve seen, and heard of more men that withered under her steady, smiling, persistent pursuit of truth and justice than I would have thought just a few years ago. This is NOT going away, it’s getting stronger.

My two other children, though not in mental healthcare, are equally as adamant about social justice. They revolve their lives around the concept! I see it in their friends too, it’s why they supported Bernie so fervently. It’s THEIR generation people, so buckle up and get with the program, because it’s happening whether you approve or not.

And before the Bernie Baashers begin bleating their ridiculous homilies to Madam Overconfidence, please note that serious democratic operatives consider your outlook and actions unproductive…at best.

This is a good point. If they call a vote before letting Ms Ford testify, the optics will be terrible. OTOH, I have to believe that she’ll be a credible witness, and if she testifies, it’ll be a PR nightmare for Bart K. And the longer it goes on, the more likely other women who were assaulted at these parties will come out and testify.

Already, there are comments on TPM here from women who know women who were assaulted at these parties. Senator Turtle doesn’t have a lot of good options, especially this close to the midterms.

2 Likes

Wow! As soon as I heard Christine Ford’s story, it seemed entirely credible to me, having known some of the types in college. Partying and heavy drinking were part of the scene. I experienced a crotch grabbing moment in a car going home after a party on a first date! I told the guy to stop. He tried again, and again I said no. Fortunately there was a couple in the back seat. The guy in the back leaned over and asked what was going on, and that was the end of it.

Two things: Not all prep school boys fit the mold. The boy in the back seat was a good guy. Second, I never told anyone about what happened until many years later. At the time, I wondered what I had done wrong that led my date to try such a move. We had both been drinking at the party, and I blamed myself for that.

3 Likes

@pippenpippen

yes, to many.
And you recoil, close yourself up, like a turtle going into the shell.

The smile is gone, only to return later with no brilliance, no sparkle.
Keep low, someone may know…

yes, happened to many

1 Like

Being too drunk to remember what happened doesn’t absolve a person of a crime last time I checked.

I remember jumping out of a car one night, running across a busy road and hiding in the trees miles from home because of an attack. Go ahead, Repubs, try and confirm an attempted rapist and watch your party lose even more of the woman’s vote.

1 Like

Looks like the accuser was reading my posts. She has now identified herself. She will testify. Kavanaugh will have the opportunity to confront his accuser.

That is what I requested.

Odd comment. You say you hung out with Brett Kavanaugh’sand Mark Judge’s “crowd” for 10 years starting the summer you all graduated. This strikes me as a little odd because most high school students from prep school go to college, and most kids who go to college gravitate towards their college friends. I would guess they might get back together during breaks, and certainly if they all found their way back to D.C. they might start hanging out together again. But 10 years is a long time.

Speaking of 10 years, the social immaturity of an all-boys school would have been overcome after a couple of years in college. So that would only be two of the 10 years. And honestly, what were these 22-28 year olds doing after college that they continued to have bender parties?

Now if a group of them all went to Georgetown, and continued to hang out together, it makes more sense. At least for 4 years, until 1987.

But a holiday party in 1993 full of 28 year-olds? Seems strange. I have been around some crazy and immature people in my 20s. I was in the military and stationed overseas. But by 28 most everyone had moved on from that. Enough for one or two outliers, but not enough to throw a party.

But also throwing in “Misogyny” and “Patriarchal” seems a little odd. And “roughhousing”. That was a word Mark Judge used in recent comments.

Thanks, but this just seems odd. If you hung out with the same crowd for 10 years you know names, lots of them. Come forward. Not just you. And name names.

That was something I wondered about until I read Dr.Fird’s letter. As I posted earlier:

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

Pretty much puts paid to Judge’s claim that he has no recollection of Kavanaugh doing any such thing.

He has to have known this was possible. And none the less brought his kids front and center.

We need the dates that this letter was assembled. If it was before the letter leaked the GOP has to explain how they knew. If this were just generally about supporting the nominee they would have had both men and women signing.

If BK didn’t give them a head’s up were they bugging Feinstein’s office?

Just a few thoughts from someone who partied a lot more in and after college than those of his friends in the military did.

Hanging with people “over holidays” for 10 years after high school is almost de riguer. Not, as you suggested, the same thing as hanging out all year every year for 10 years; holidays are when the college friends disperse to see family and old friends. I think you misconstrued the comment, and that misapprehension colored your thoughts on what was written.

In my admittedly limited experience, social immaturity among the fairly well off often evolves into privilege. The self-conscious looking down the nose becomes a habit rather than affectation.

And, in 1993, college town parties were full of 28 year olds, all the time. (And 24 and 32, etc. Lots of people hanging out, partying.)

2 Likes

I think we are talking suburban D.C., not a college town. And yes, there are some serious parties in D.C., at ages beyond 28. But I doubt they are just former preppies. The crowd tends to broaden as the years go on. Fewer and fewer high school chums (replaced with frat brothers, etc.), then fewer and fewer college chums (replaced with work associations). And the parties invariably start to decline as people either get married or get into serious relationships.

They see things falling apart and are trying anything they can think of to ram the nomination through and get their SC majority before all hell breaks loose.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure – they want to keep their jobs. Self-preservation is priority number one – not court-packing. Besides, if they survive the mid-terms, they can find another right-wing asshole who does not have the enormous stink on him that emanates from Kavanaugh. The Repubs are so underwater with suburban woman, and they read the polls. They know it.

Hi Cola - I created an account here specifically to contact you. I am @Medium partner writer and I have written extensively about the issues you’ve raised. I also encountered the group you’re talking about in a very different way, on a different coast. There are over 1 million views on my Clinton Foundation articles. Though I’ve worked with some of the reporters or independent investigators on that organization, the focus of the articles I wrote was how the Clinton Foundation SPENT the large amount of funds the organization received since its inception, not the revenue or potential of conflicts of interest.

No one has publically questioned that this organization received over $2 bn USD officially since 2000, has over 200 employees, and has no tangible outcomes of any kind. Here’s my most recent article: there’s 14 others, written over time, both before and after revelations of the organization’s management letters and my pulling down their salary schedules and Bill Clinton’s bi-weekly reports via Podesta Wikileaks.

That said, when I was in college in Claremont during this same Kavanaugh time period - one of these guys such as you describe had obtained a full, named professorship as a Lit prof at Pomona College due to $ from his parents and other relatives basically paying for the guy’s job.

Being a poor white trash scholarship student, how could I know who this man was? How could I possibly get what you described so cogently in from your 10 year experience with this crowd?

I won the 5 college writing prize 2 years in a row AND fit this guy’s type so he hit me in the back of the head with cigar ashtray and raped me.

He didn’t kill me.

So here I am and I see this very clearly now and your description of the attitude is the final puzzle piece as far as my own knowledge journey is concerned right now.

Would you be willing to talk to me for an article I am doing about this phenomenon? I’m not sure of the right name to refer to these people even now. I’m open to suggestion and I write independently and have ethics. So you can be totally anonymous can be “COLA” or any name you like and my email is amysterlingcasil at gmail dot com. Super hard to find me on the internet of course.

1 Like

Hello Cola - I’m sorry. I forgot the particular story I’d linked is behind a paywall.

This link will allow anybody to read it regardless of whether or not they have an @Medium member account.

If anybody else wants to go back and follow the backlinks in that, I haven’t written one untrue word about the Clinton Foundation and there are most certainly entertaining “troll” comments on many of the articles, including even some regarding their dissimulation about African countries like Malawi and Rwanda and of course: Haiti. Anybody with a background in finance or administration at nonprofits or for-profit business can spend 5 minutes on the Clinton website and see red flags which only worsen over time. I am not the Haiti expert but in French and also in Haitian English-language publications, notably by Dady Chery, every penny that was diverted from the estimated $150 bn given by individuals and governments after the 2010 earthquake has been documented by Haitians. You will find US AID videos and others (“Haiti Money Pit” documentary series, VICE) that state it’s the Haitians’ fault the country is poor and hasn’t recovered from the earthquake.

Whether they exploit a woman for sex because they think or know they can get away with it, or a whole country like Haiti, or lie to gullible donors to disasters or political campaigns it is all the exact same thing. My opinion.

Turns out this was an old girls network that set to work after rumours of the letter surfaced. Fair enough. They could accomplish this on this time scale in a way I don’t believe the politicians could.

You may need this…

I think the “if they survive the mid-terms” has them running pretty scared that they could miss their window.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available