Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09/16/susan-collins-al-franken-brett-kavanaugh.html

6 Likes

He went to a boys’ school. They weren’t in his class.

1 Like

I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.

Pretty much puts paid to Judge’s claim that he has no recollection of Kavanaugh doing any such thing.

4 Likes

Er whut? Dr. Ford is not stupid.

1 Like

If you cannot figure out by age 17 that raping a 15 year old is wrong the likelihood of your ever attaining a moral compass is approximately nil.

4 Likes

She should have told her fellow democrats. She didn’t have to tell them her name. Republicans are not the issue. They just don’t care as usual.

This^

4 Likes

She worked hard to get through it, over a long time.
Hopefully she is now strong enough to fight back, and him and his pals will take one in the collective nuts. As they say. IMHO…

2 Likes

Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: ‘I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me’

Jesus.
I suspect I’m not the only woman who had a flashback of terror reading that.

He’s got a hard-on, he’s suffocating you, he’s on top of you, he’s laughing like crazy, he’s got his hand over your mouth…

She’s telling the truth.
And this has happened to many of us.

8 Likes

Sounds like @nickdanger got himself a gov’t job.

1 Like

Swing and a miss for Trump. He’s suddenly put a lot of Republicans in jeopardy because he was so eager to get a “get out of jail free” card.

3 Likes

This history regardless, Trump appreciates Kavanaugh’s views on … other matters.

But you knew that.

3 Likes

Because they want to stay in office. This year, 2 years from now, 4 years from now… if this man’s on the court, their opponent will crucify them with this vote.

1 Like

I’m so terribly sorry you’ve had to live with that.

It’s unfair, unjust, and ought never to happen.

I admire your speaking out.

4 Likes

Judge has frequently described his teenage alcoholism and described getting blackout drunk as a regular occurrence. All things considered, when he says ‘I don’t recall…’ I’m inclined to believe him.

I’m just not inclined to believe it means anything beyond indicating what unreliable witness he is.

4 Likes

Here is my thought on this:

1. Let us assume, inaccurately, that Senator Diane Feinstein timed her referral of the attempted rape allegation to throw an 11th Hour Monkey Wrench into the nomination. How could anyone, from fucking Donald Trump to fucking Chuck Grassley and Mitch McConnell, consider this anything other than brilliant guerrilla warfare or knife fighting? I mean after the GOP refused to vote on Obama’s eminently reasonable (age and ideology wise) nomination of Merrick Garland to replace Antonin Scalia? No one on the GOP side has any leg to stand on to attack Feinstein, even if her motivation had been totally about political fuckery. Not after the unremitting bad faith of the GOP Senate and House groups of the past 10 years.

2. The attacks on Diane Feinstein over this smack to me of the Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi hatred and bashing that have been the GOP and FOX daily bread going back for over a decade now, and which are in evidence on this board amongst those who claim that the entire existing leadership of the Democratic Party must step aside wholesale.

6 Likes

A letter like this signed by 65 people takes weeks at a minimum to pull together. So yeah, the Republicans knew.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s the line. How could they subject his girls to this!!! Responding Kavanaugh chose to parade his daughters and team of girls in front of the committee. Like props in a tv show. Tough.

2 Likes

I weep for you and my sisters

1 Like

Not to single out you exclusively, but there is a lot of this thinking on the boards. Perhaps this is a touch CT? Todaay’s social networks, and school alumni networks for the wealthy and/or connected are very well tuned. Add in that no vetting is needed except dates in school and if you are still Popped Collar Proud and successful but heir measure. They likely just stopped at 65 because they though timing was was more impactful than rigour.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available