Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

OT, but a must-read:

5 Likes

Ronan Farrow is on the case!

5 Likes

They would have been hounded mercilessly. We were predominantly middle and lower class folks with finely tuned bull shit detectors.

3 Likes

I agree w/ you Junebug. That she told nobody until a few years ago speaks to the level of shame and trauma and likely fear. Age fifteen. She was still a kidā€¦a young woman. This was a formative experience and she said that it messed up her relationships w/ men which is understandable. It warps oneā€™s trust possibly forever.
No level of professional success is going to erase trauma.

They are going to go after her at some point if not immediately. And I agree, she may not be protected at work nor may she be physically safe.
Kavanaugh supporters are powerful people in many industriesā€¦including banking (they can mess up her credit, deny loans, etcā€¦), real estate, legal, ā€¦read the list of his colleagues from Prep in the July letter but add to that the Koch network and other R donors and politicians. Kavanaugh supporters are also in govā€™t, law enforcementā€¦think of all of the people who watch and believe Fox news. There can be low level harassment for years that can mess her life up and that of those close to herā€¦or her physical safety could be threatened. People could show up at her house.
These are not nice people.

A lot of powerful people want him on the SCā€¦she is going to need our support

9 Likes

I expect this will happen. Rick is right. She is going to need ten tons of support.

8 Likes

They did it before. Remember the ā€œlocker room talkā€ that we and the men we know never did? They presume we who are not privileged brats must behave like monsters too.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Jeff can be a little flaky.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes somebody on the R side show the country that we donā€™t need to have our SC nominees discussing sex acts during hearings. First Thomas, and now this. I know they canā€™t help themselves and fly into a frenzy of attacks on the victim and try to utterly destroy that person. In front of the public. But show some class, for once. Withdraw and regroup.

Answer any criticism against DiFi by saying ā€œwhy are we having to vet your candidates? What were you trying to pull?ā€

Belated Kudos to Mrs. Ford. I understand how potentially devastating her treatment could be at the hands of the witness destruction program. I wish throwing Hail Maryā€™s by making victims go public wasnā€™t, so often, our only weapon.

5 Likes

SOMEONE PLEASE. Feinstein,Schiff, THEY ARE ALL MISSING THIS TACTIC!!! Judge Kavanaugh, I would like to discuss the effect of this allegation trailing you. Would you be willing to recuse yourself from the court on any issues involving rape or sexual assault? What if the government for example filed a brief asking you be recused as they worry you would be too lenient on criminals charged with rape or other sexual offenses. Would you let the attorneys in every case question you so as to determine whether thy have a fair court? All the Supreme Court cases, all those questions,every case, shifting the court to 4-4ā€¦

2 Likes

I will. Thanks for the suggestion

3 Likes

Here is my Schadenfreude

Mark Judge calls himself a filmmakerā€¦here are stills from one of his ā€œfilmsā€ā€¦
An Oskah Contendah

2 Likes

You are in a position to substantiate Fordā€™s story. I hope you can contact someone with this information. (I understand if you cannot) It is this kid of corroboration that helps level the playing field.

Sen. Feinstein was concerned with respecting the declared wishes of the woman involved.

1 Like

Un, huh? And what have the Republucans done about this now that they are officially aware?

I donā€™t think we should deny the conservative christian Republicans Brett Kavanagh, their worthy rapist, phone hacker, document thief and perjurer on the Supreme Court by impeaching him. We could end up instead with a buybull-thumping pedophile and racist like Roy Moore.

We should not do what the Republicans did when they stole a seat and installed the illegitimate Putin-puppet Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Kavanagh can take his seat on the Supreme Court after he faces justice for multiple charges of perjury and does his time in prison. Criminals and liars are Americans too and need an advocate on the Court.

1 Like

Dr. Ford should refuse to participate in anything that is not public. Demeanor is part of the evidence the American public should be allowed to see.

6 Likes

These people just donā€™t listen to themselves.

Yeah, you know, all those talented experienced lawyers who have a history of sexual assault and other nefarious antisocial behaviors will be disinclined to start a career in the federal government. The loss is ours. How can we cope?

9 Likes

ā€œI mean what GOP male hasnā€™t attempted rape at some point? I know I certainly have.ā€

Oh say, did Rollins stand up to defend Al Frankenā€¦a man that no one accused of rape?

9 Likes

He never could be. The difference is that now everybody knows it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available