Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

Yes! And tho I am not a big SK fan, 100% behind this. My Maine friend lives nearbye both King and Collins so he can walk over and slide some notes under both their doors for me.

2 Likes

You and I cola and junebug and no doubt others here are all on the same page.
As a young man I was mildly arrogant, articulate, athletic, not easily intimidated and so these types would take me into their confidences. They would brag about their exploits, maybe thinking I’d be impressed.
i could not relate in the slightest, but kept my own counsel for survival. They’re a type to be sure, become mgrs in Fortune 500 companies – at least back in the 70s and 80s. I found them deeply bigoted and mysogynistic.
Many that I knew were devout Catholics. Two of the worst sons of bitches I ever ran into had left Catholic seminaries to join the secular world. These are the guys who run the world.
Occasionally they get a comeuppance. I saw two go down in flames as an indirect result of an office affair. Major schadenfreude.

8 Likes

Don’t make me pull this thread over!!

7 Likes

Kavanaugh doesn’t represent it…he helped create it…this nomination is payback/reward for all the work he has done going back to Whitewater…he’s been involved (actively) in so many major vicious and sketchy Republican power plays since the 90’s…he is not some supporting player. He was groomed for this, but he has been actively involved w/ crafting their strategy & executing it. He and his cronies are lifelong members of the DC establishment and they want to hold onto power.
That’s why it was so dangerous for this woman to come forward. And why the changing demographics are a huge threat to them.
And there are so many in his group who will do anything to show their loyalty…they are spread out all over the place and in different industries. For example, some are banking executives…they can mess w/ her credit or loans or things like that. Or w/ her family.
I wouldn’t put anything past them.

13 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

And yet Dr. Ford will be painted as a liberal ELITIST, but if BK is mentioned as such it will be religious discrimination

1 Like

There’s no way they could have coerced the 65 women who supposedly knew Kavanaugh 35 years ago and signed the letter vouching for him within 24 hours of the victims letter being released to the FBI and all Senators. Grassley knew about this shit long ago and they had this reaction planned just knowing that it would not stay hidden.

9 Likes

Does he love his family? He must have known this could come out.

2 Likes

Very scary. I hope everyone is okay.

That’s a very nasty skeleton in at the time Senate Judiciary Chairman Joe Biden’s closet right? It will be dug up and used against him should the old “nice guy” run for POTUS in 2020.

1 Like

Blumenthal calls out Republicans, the Federalist Society, Donald Trump, and Brett Kavanaugh.

16 Likes

“No president has ever consulted more widely or talked with more people from more backgrounds to seek input about a supreme court nomination.”

The wide consultation appears to have included Roy Moore.

6 Likes

That’s ok. hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Josh is right. A supreme court justice needs to be beyond reproach. Ms. Ford’s account is credible, at least to me.

10 Likes

I could not agree more.

I hold the judiciary to the highest standard I have. I can excuse some things that elected legislators and even presidents do, but not SCOTUS justices - they have to be above reproach, as you said.

7 Likes

And they had to explain to him why GTO Judge wasn’t available. And that Judge Hardy was fictional.

5 Likes

Kavanaugh has apparently not always been as sober as a judge.

5 Likes

Yes, I did.

But, you have such a way with words that I don’t mind hearing it from you at all.

4 Likes

Ah, allow me to offer you the pleasure of an introduction to Ms. Alexandra Petri, WaPo’s premiere satirist and author of the ComPost blog. Her epic roast of Carter Page’s testimony is the stuff of satirist legend: The paranoid Carter Page transcript: What in God’s name did I just read?

4 Likes

“It was just locker-room attempted rape.”

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available