Discussion: Kathy Griffin Apologizes For Gruesome Trump Photo: 'I Went Way Too Far'

If Griffin’s pablum enrages Trump his staff better keep him away from episodes of South Park. Geez, grow a spine. The ghost of Sam Kinison weeps.

4 Likes

When we end up with a real dick for a potus who has already lowered the bar and created the most crude, insulting quotes in American governmental history, it’s sometimes difficult not to join him at that level.

11 Likes

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes!

And why is an 11-year-old on social media without supervision?

5 Likes

Great artists steal, D-listers just steal poorly.

18 Likes

Well, I thought it was wrong and in poor taste. She shouldn’t have done it. Now, there will be 1,971 Fox News Shows about it; It will be 12,477 hours of bloviating on the radio over how nasty the ‘librulz’ are, even though everyone I know of all political persuasions have condemned her, the post has been taken down, and she has apologized.

Thanks, Kathy.

4 Likes

Poor Trump’s snowflakes are suffering…

3 Likes

Griffin “went way too” stupid. Thanks, Griffin, for making yourself a legitimate target for all manner of right-wing media psychotalkers (who will reference this for months, and falsely present it as a “typical” example of left-wing whatever). Also, thanks for contributing to the ongoing brutalization of American culture.

Aren’t there better ways to get attention?

4 Likes

At least liberals know how to apologize. No equivocation, no “sorry if people were offended”, just straight up “I am sorry. I went too far. I was wrong.”

I don’t seem to recall Palin apologizing for the bullseyes that got people killed and nearly killed Gabby Giffords.

11 Likes

Who cares? BTW you can still buy Municipal Waste t-shirts on Amazon. Much more graphic. But she had to know there’d be some backlash.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81RHub4WpnL.UY700.jpg

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. When Republicans tell us how terrorists or Muslims or their enemy du jour “only respects strength/action,” they are projecting. They are making it very clear that they believe that might makes right, and dialogue and truth are meaningless beyond serving as a stalling tactic. They believe only in aggression, possession and oppression, as have fascists throughout history.

It’s past time we accept what we’re up against.

In that vein, none of them are actually offended in the slightest by Griffin’s photo. Their outrage is 100% feigned to take advantage of those that continue to call for civilized discourse long after that ideal was abandoned by those feigning outrage.

We know this because this pattern has repeated itself countless times over the years. And they know that we know this, and they continue with the charade, dependent on the graces of polite society to provide their covering fire.

I sympathize with your calls for decency, and in better times, I’d be with you. There are certainly depths we should not sink to. But these are not better times, and the sooner we realize that, the better chance we have at averting the catastrophe of another fascist uprising like we saw in the 1930s.

8 Likes

Where was the condemnation when the nasty GOP/tea-tea party depicted President Obama as an ape with bullet holes, a voodoo witch doctor, the joker face, from the Dark Side, etc.

I appreciate Kathy realizing the gruesome calculation she took in depicting Donald in this manner. She quickly owned up to it and she stood by what she did. I still love her and will continue to support her.

However, one must also realize and perhaps in this case, the so called First Lady, that Trump is a THREAT to EVERY CHILD across AMERICA! He’s wanting to take away programs that promote healthy lives and just the right to childhood development.

So yes, it was a yucky depiction of him, but look at the images that he spews towards the Public At Large each and every day!

10 Likes

Except liberals didn’t start this race to the bottom and our staying out of the fray isn’t going stop it. It does not matter what she does (whether it’s Rump’s head on a platter or not) she’s going to be their target anyway.

AND - as many here have pointed out, at the very least, liberals will apologize when confronted with the fact. 8 YEARS with no apologies in sight towards Obama and Dems in general but now we’re supposed to fall on our swords? GTFOH.

7 Likes

A: All manner of right-wing media psychotalkers, especially on Fox (who will reference this for months, and falsely present it as a “typical” example of left-wing hypocrisy).

Thanks, Griffin, for making yourself a legitimate target for all manner of right-wing media psychotalkers (who will reference this for months, and falsely present it as a “typical” example of left-wing whatever). Also, thanks for contributing to the ongoing brutalization of American culture.

But they’re going to do that anyway. They don’t need real ammunition.

And American culture was brutalized long ago. Pretending that it’s not is the epitome of privilege.

3 Likes

I don’t think he can climb that height…even WITH the help of a golf cart.

Like they need an actual example.

4 Likes

She’s a minor comedian, with limited talent, trying to stay in the public eye. Pathetic.

3 Likes

This can’t be said enough. If Ted Nugent gets invited to the White House after the shit he’s said then can’t complain. In fact I don’t think she should have apologized for it.

11 Likes

Is that crest on the cart his old fake family crest or the newer fake Scottish family crest or just some other random fake crest? I love how he replaced INTEGRITY with TRUMP. Perfection! This guy is trolling the universe. This can’t be simply random fuck-ups. Nobody is this idiotic, right?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available