Discussion: Judge Denies Manafort Request To Suppress Storage Unit Evidence

2 Likes

Every time I see this particular image of Manafort, I’m reminded of this:

6 Likes

Bend over, Mr. Manafort. This will only last for the rest of your life.

4 Likes

Paulie, loser of “Storage Wars.” There WILL be a big reveal. The contents will be priceless!

29 Likes

…smile…

5 Likes

How does the first visit with “the employee” work? What would be the employee’s reason for letting them in?

EDIT: the “how” is in roman numeral II of the document.

I like this part…

None of the file drawers were marked as to their contents, but some of the boxes bore labels such as
“Admin,” with subcategories including “Tax Returns,” and “Box 12 Ukraine Binders,” including
subcategories such as “Surrogates,” “Political,” and “Media,”

6 Likes

How about a big ‘womp womp’ sad-trombone for my buddy Paul! Amirite?

36 Likes

It’s on the first page of the Order:

“Law enforcement agents do not need a warrant to enter a location if they have voluntary consent, and they do not need to have the consent of the person under investigation if they receive permission from a third party who has, or who reasonably appears to have, common authority over the place to be searched.”

17 Likes

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This guy is so screwed. For Paulie Walnuts the only way out is to flip on Trump. Do it Paulie.

17 Likes

Give it up muthafucka’! Flip like a burger! The game is over!

23 Likes

Not what I was asking. I’m wondering how the conversation went that got them the consent.

Now if we could just get a judge to finally and permanently end Donnie’s storage unit housing of innocent children.

10 Likes

I don’t mean to be overly cruel, but Manafort needs an entire trombone section following him around playing “womp, womp”.

He’s like the Washington Generals of legal proceedings.

24 Likes

Manafort’s lawyers easily burned through 20 hours of $400-700/hr attorney time to obtain this most predictable outcome ever in the history of criminal procedure. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t more like 50 hours.

31 Likes

Leave it to Mueller and Jackson to bring me back off the ledge after the last few days.

12 Likes

One of your more eloquent posts, tbh:)

13 Likes

I’m guessing the bullet points went like this:

• Ask him if he is who you know him to be by just saying his name in an interrogative fashion.
  • Tell him you’re from the FBI
  • Ask him if he’s the guy named on this lease.
  • Ask him if he has a key.
  • Ask if he’d mind letting you have a peek inside the unit.
  • Without just saying it, insinuate that his boss is in a shitton of legal trouble and the best way for him to prove to you he’s not involved is to let you take a look.
  • Do not smile when he says “okay, sure. I got nothin’ to hide.”
33 Likes

Really gotta love that Paulie using a cutout backfired in a perfect 180.

edit: typos, clarity

14 Likes

As a public service, Mueller could decrease the national level of anxiety and nausea by crowdsourcing the examination of the contents of the storage locker. Not that I don’t have a job or anything, but I’d be happy to help out!

10 Likes

Once more, and again . .

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available