Discussion: Jeb Bush Wants To 'Figure Out A Way To Phase Out' Medicare

So let’s see. Bush wants to raise retirement age in “relatively short order.” He wants people to work longer hours, and now he wants to eliminate Medicare.
And this is how he thinks he’ll get votes? It’s a mystery.

11 Likes

Ditch Medicare and I’ll hafta go back to work at 66. Gooooood luck at getting hired. Some of us don’t have a spare $1-2 million laying about gathering mold. I don’t like using bad language in public but this idea is fucked.
I would hazard a wild guess that Jebby doesn’t want the senior vote.

Who the fuck advises this guy anyway?

10 Likes

The three elements of the Republican Medicare Alternative:

#1 A bouquet
#2 A hearse
#3 A hole in the ground
(In order to save money and issue a round of tax cuts for 1%ers, No#s 1&2 are negotiable.)

6 Likes

Yes, but the media will give him a pass on this. “So Jeb, let’s talk about important things…do you think all Americans should wear flag pins?”

10 Likes

He’s more likely to get a brick in the face. I just hope his glasses are on if it happens. Shards of plexi-glass and soft metal hurt like the dickens and can be bad for your vision.

1 Like

Not coincidentally, Schwab donates huge sums of $$$ to the GOP.

4 Likes

After a thorough and thoughtful analysis, Jebby’ takes careful aim and fires another round in his campaign messaging:

4 Likes

Republicans want desperately to turn Social Security over to Wall Street and Medicare over to private insurance companies. If they were to succeed , they stand to make millions in under the table payoffs. Neither program is in the red, but Republican politicians continue to claim that they are or are on the verge because without these lies they have no chance of realizing their dream.

9 Likes

There’s nothing confusing about it, Jethro. It’s more “repeal and replace” talk deliberately designed to avoid doing the hard and correct thing that must be done to fix the existing budgetary problems Medicare faces: raise the FICA limit and make the wealthy contribute more. It’s not debatable. It’s not fucking rocket science. It’s not going to wreck the economy. The current FICA ceiling was set long long ago in an economic reality far far away and it needs to be brought into line with the realities of today’s world, which include more and more of the nation’s wealth and assets flowing upwards to the 1% while the same alleged “job creators” pocket all the tax cuts they and their corporations are given because demand for their products really hasn’t risen…and doesn’t and can’t rise because they’ve deliberately stifled middle class wages and benefits and kept them stagnant for over 4 decades despite massively, exponentially increasing profits.

Nobody’s head is exploding here. Nobody missed Jeb’s attempt at “we’ve got to burn the Medicare village to save it.” We all understand this quite well. And we laugh because he’s not only horrifyingly wrong, but doing damage to his campaign in the process.

13 Likes

The campaign ads are writing themselves.

3 Likes

Bush went on to say “We need to find out which government services the people like most, and phase them out, too.”

5 Likes

Phase out medicare???

What is it with these cons that hate anything that helps regular people? And, that regular people paid for. Ray-gun stole a trillion dollars out of social security to pay for his first tax cuts for the rich.

How about the rich start paying that back!!

4 Likes

I was thinking that we could phase out Medicare. We just take the accumulated family fortunes of the Republican Presidential candidates and put them in a trust to pay for the Medicare benefits. With compounding interest, I’m sure it would solve the long-term solvency issue.

6 Likes

If only we could!!!

We can!

It just takes dems and indy’s to get out and vote already!

1 Like

Jeb also intoned that puppies and kittens pretty much suck, too.

3 Likes

May I please be the one?

1 Like

Lets start the death panels for useless pieces of GOP

4 Likes

The rich people know you are not serious, but there’s an idea every crazy republicant voter can get behind.

Yeah, “phase out.” Because these are the sentiments of your base:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available