Discussion: How The Senate GOP Got The Votes To Overhaul The Tax Code And Strike A Blow To Obamacare

EVIL is driving hem.

3 Likes

The Trump Senate GOP revealed in the middle of the night their priorities:

1. Cut taxes for the rich (including Trump) and large corporations;
  2. Strip 13 million of health insurance;
  3. Increase the deficit by over $1.4 Trillion;
  4. Increase taxes for tens of millions of the nonrich; and
  5. Advance the “goal” of using the deficits from the tax bill to destroy Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

The greatest threat to our country is today’s Trump GOP.

27 Likes

Let it be the least of your worries. :smile:

10 Likes

I think Dan Rather was right this is a pyrrhic victory

5 Likes

I’ve been saying from the beginning of Flake’s disingenuous “book tour” that he was a phony. He literally rubberstamps Trump’s harmful agenda. He’s worthless.

17 Likes

32 Likes

‘Our God, Ayn AS IN MINE Rand, hallowed be thy name…”

5 Likes

It’s like when Ryan himself makes soothing noises aimed at the reality-based community; he’s troubled by this and concerned about that. Next day he strips the flesh from your bones, cooks and eats it, and says you’ll be better off for it in the long run. No quarter for these people.

17 Likes

See, my first response contains an internal contradiction:

Goddamned motherfucking sons of bitches!

One day I’m going to see that smile wiped off McConnell’s face, even if it’s the last thing I see.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Absolutely. The Democrats need to just refuse to agree to keep the federal government open unless they get DACA and other priorities. The GOP shut down the government twice and faced no electoral consequences, and the ongoing Republican sabotage of the federal government shows there’s little need to care. Indeed, the Democrats should refuse to fund anything whatsoever while there is a shutdown. Let the Trump GOP explain to their elderly followers why they refuse to fund their social security checks. Fuck ‘em all.

10 Likes

I’m not sure that thing he does is properly called “smiling.” It’s more like a rictus. Either way, I think you could remove it with a two-by-four. Might take a while but worthwhile things usually do.

16 Likes

I received assurances today that no reduction in Medicare will be triggered by tax bill.

Rubio just said the structure of Medicare of Social Security will have to change to make up for the tax cuts. Meaning age requirements lifted and etc for people who are not yet eligible.

“The driver of our debt is the structure of Social Security and Medicare for future beneficiaries,” said Rubio.

So technically, you’re right Susan. No cuts for people who are already in.

7 Likes

Way to go Collins! I love the way you stick to your guns on demanding passage of the two bills before voting for this one!

4 Likes

I can’t wait until we take back the House and Senate. Screw Mr. & Ms. Nice Democratic Party. Here’s what I want to see:

1. All SCOTUS nominees held until the next Democratic president takes office.
  2. The creation and approval of a Universal Healthcare Bill, done behind closed doors, with no hearings, and absolutely no input GOP congressional member input.
  3. A return to Eisenhower-era tax rates. Do we really have to go back to such excessively high tax rates for the rich? No. But they all deserve to be punished for being such greedy, unAmerican pigs.
9 Likes

This is worse than trickle down. It is grab people by the ankles, dangle them upside down until all their money comes out of their pockets, then while still suspended, strip their homes of furnishings and appliances, then return folks to their thread bare homes, and wait until the next Steve Mnuchin starts buying up their forclosed homes for pennies on the dollar.

14 Likes

And when the Republican/Trump base gets kicked in the nuts by this, they’ll blame the Democrats (Obama phones, welfare queens, illegals, BLM, transgenders in bathrooms, etc.) for their lot. The stupid burns.

12 Likes

Promises and commitments that can’t or won’t be kept - is that enough to get your votes to blow up healthcare, the deficit, what’s left of the middle class, and to start taking apart Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security?

Collins and Flake: “That’s good enough for us.”

By the way, I hear they’re wondering where they’ll get the money to fund the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Let’s see…where could that money have come from? Sorry, kids, it’s gone now. Try not to get sick or hurt. And those of you with cancer or asthma or other chronic illness or disability, it’s time you learn that things happen.

7 Likes

2018/2020 Dems need to run on Healthcare (Single Payer, Medicare For All whatever you want to call it) and, Tax Reform (raise taxes on the 1%, lower taxes on middle class, etc). The GOP pretty much gave Dems the 2 biggest platforms that will reach the masses (not the GOP Base).

12 Likes

Here’s how tax code is created in today’s R party. With hand written marginal notes.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available