Discussion: House GOPers Spin Furiously After Dems Appear To Flip Deep Red PA District

Presumably, Brian was referring to Drumpf, who famously bragged that he’s too smart to pay taxes.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not what Paul Ryan was implying. His dented brain doesn’t do nuance…or thinking.

After Boehner and Ryan they have Speaker envy?

What, pray tell, what is it with the GOP and bad sheep ads? It’s like they are haunted by demons.

The 2019 healthcare premiums, which will be thru the roof, will be released in October. Close enough to the midterms to be top of mind but long enough in advance for people to really understand the implications to them and their families.

As the premium rates have skyrocketed over the past decade or two, it is the rare employer who pays 100% of premium costs for their employees and families.

The woman who told Ryan that she was seeing an extra $1.25 per week in her paycheck is in for a rude awakening!

@zoester

1 Like

I’m unwilling to beat a child…

:wink:

1 Like

I cringe that they tried to make fun of the name Lamb.
Their candidate has probably been called Suck-On-It his entire life.

Will fix. Thanx.

1 Like

They still haven’t quite internalized the whole “‘Baaaaa’ means ‘No’!” thing.

2 Likes

Pelosi’s become a talking point, a meme, a buzzword, she’s in the memo Rs send each other on how and whom to attack. It’s not going to work.

1 Like

Seems to be working with the left and right and timid extremes of the Democratic Party.

It’s so pervasive it’s taken root here too. I suspect she’ll stay until 2020 when she can safely leave because she and we will know the Executive Branch is once again in Democratic hands.

1 Like

This is from Perry at 538:

perry: Sell. The polling in this district found that most people neither knew nor cared about the anti-Pelosi pledge. There is a fine argument that Democrats need new leaders, but I don’t think this race tells much.

TPM is currently just letting me make one paste per post and showing me the screen before the current screen unless I refresh it.

I think Dems will continue to win previously held R districts, and bashing Pelosi isn’t going to be a sustainable argument. Rs are going to have to eventually run on some policies.

1 Like

Cite for the polling.

1 Like

I’m a freelancer. I pay ALL of my health-care premium, all $800-plus-per-month of it. Thanks, Republicans. They increased my health-care premium $3,600 per year. They can all go fuck themselves as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

From the article:

…if they get the majority, their bill will raise taxes, and they go and double down by jacking up the death tax even more and they reinstate the Alternative Minimum Tax, which would cripple middle class families…"

This is actually worse, I think, as it goes way beyond a basic “tax cut” promo. It goes completely into “flat out false” or deluuusional (think Lewis Black) territory. How do the “death tax” and/or “alternative minimum tax” have anything whatsoever to do with the middle class? You’d have to be quite wealthy for either of those to really matter to you.

My takeaway re: the GOP is they have nothing left but BS to sling. That’s how hosed they are. And judging by all this, I’d say they know it.

And this

Democrat Conor Lamb’s near-certain win in a western Pennsylvania district President Trump carried by 20 points brings his party one seat closer to the 24 they need to pick up for a majority, but it’s another broad sign of danger for House Republicans.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available