Discussion: High Steaks: Cruz Says That A Vote For O’Rourke Is A Vote To Ban Barbecue

Outlier? If not, I’m really dissapointed in Texas. Really. Is maintaining that good ole boy white privilege worth it? Electing frauds, miscreants, boneheads and cheats like Cruz, Paxton, Gohmert, Cornyn means you don’t get good government and you don’t get nice things. You simply can’t prosper on white privilege and liberal tears.

Texas, the state that makes Arizona look smart.

8 Likes

Cruz also criticized Beto for blaming the police officer in mistaken apartment shooting. Beto shoud ask Cruz at their first debate if a police officer entered the wrong condo in his 33 story Condo building (The Royalton) and mistakenly killed his wife, who would he blame?

11 Likes

I’d be disappointed if that is the result we see on Nov 6.

2 Likes

You’ll excuse me if I don’t take BBQ advice from a guy that cooks his bacon with the barrel of a machine gun.

12 Likes

I love this, although the shirt type is photoshopped. But Willie was on The View this morning:

As for any Trump supporters in the audience taking issue with his stance, Nelson had a blunt response: “I don’t care.”

7 Likes

Quinnipiac is a reliable poster. And they just switched to likely voters. In AZ, they have Sinema (D) up by 7 points over McSally ®. Beto has a lot of work to do.

3 Likes

The 54-45 numbers indicate that the poll was one that forced respondents to choose one of the candidates. One reason for doing this is to try to capture which way the “not sure” voters are leaning. I don’t know enough about polling to know if the forcing actually improves accuracy this far out. I could easily see it pushing respondents toward a more-familiar candidate early on.

In general, though, I think it is more helpful to see how the numbers from an individual pollster are trending over time than it is to compare numbers from one pollster to numbers from another pollster. If you see polls from most pollsters trending in the same direction, you can have some confidence that the trend exists.

Agree with all you said, especially including the conclusion. No matter how good Beto is or how much enthusiasm TX Democrats have for voting this year, this was always going to be an uphill battle that Beto could win only with a huge amount of work and a large dose of good luck.

4 Likes

Yeah I know, but I just think it’s too early to feel disappointed. The only poll I care about is the one on November 6.

4 Likes

Beto born in El Paso
Cruz born in Canada
Cruz plans to make Poutine the State dish
and by the way Cruz you dickface , your wife is a vegetarian and probably eats a lot of Tofu (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

4 Likes

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” ― W.C. Fields

5 Likes

Cruz misspelled tripe.

OK. Sounds nice. What’s your point?

4 Likes

Yes, the question seems to be designed to encourage respondents to pick one of the two. “Someone else” is a voluntary answer.

1 Like

When in doubt and you have no other issues just go back to the culture war. Remember the attack on Howard Dean in 2004?
“Thus, last winter, the ultra-elite right-wing Club for Growth dismissed followers of Howard Dean as a ‘‘tax-hiking, government-expanding, latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving, New York Times-reading, body-piercing, Hollywood-loving, left-wing freak show.’’

2 Likes

Black bean poutine is the favorite dish of Cubanadians everywhere.

5 Likes

Why did the tofu cross the road?
To prove it wasn’t chicken.

14 Likes

Boy Cruz is running the most pathetic campaign ever. hahahahahahahaha

6 Likes

I like it! But I think you need to change the “tofu” to “Tofurky”. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Because the steaks were so high.”
Bad Cow Pun

8 Likes

Leave it to Ted Cruz to always bring up the Bull . . . !

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available