Discussion: Haley: Divisive Rhetoric Like Trump’s Led To Charleston Church Shooting

Like the Bradley Effect, only backwards.

Exactly. Selective exposure means seeking out information (often contrived) that reinforces/favors your pre-existing views/prejudices and rejecting any contradictory viewpoints. That’s why the Breitbart and World Nut Daily types of sewage fountains are sooooo popular among the tinfoil enthusiasts.

1 Like

She told the AP that she wished Trump would use a more civil tone in his public addresses instead of resorting to disparaging rhetoric against women, Muslims and Latinos.

"The way he communicates that, I wish were different," Haley said.

With all due respect, Governor Haley, there is no other way to communicate his hate. What you’ve said here, Governor, I would like to thank you.

Trump responded by calling her “very weak on illegal immigration.”

And that’s a seriously weak response, Mr. Trump. Immigration is not what she’s discussing – it’s hate rhetoric.

1 Like

Uh, oh-no VP slot for you, little nikki!

Oh, you got there first! I like your comment better than mine!

She never had a snowball’s chance in hell. It’s a wonder she’s the governor of South Carolina.

1 Like

I’m tellin’ ya, the competition for Profile in Courage Awards is going to be fierce this year.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if there will yuuuge numbers of viable candidates for the PiC but the Profiles in Cowardice Awards looks like it will be gangbusters,

1 Like

If she had real ovaries… she would say that Trump is a moron, who is unfit for office. But like her male republican colleagues , she is falling in line with mewlings of dissent. No profile in courage here.

Her male colleagues…yes. For example, John McCain is a prime example of an emasculated male. After what Orange Sunshine said about his war record, McCain should have chosen to go out like a Buddhist monk rather than kowtow to D. Drumpf. Instead, he rolls over as a Zed male would in the presence of an Alpha male.

Hey GOPers!! If D. Drumpf is your idea of an Alpha male, immolate yourselves now…why wait until November?

3 Likes

Lord, these people really twist themselves into pretzels trying to justify the scum their party has anointed as the candidate for POTUS. If they ever had any principles they sure can’t find them now. The GOTP needs to DIE!!

This lot of Republicans are such weak tea. What principles? I’d like to see the list of principles Ryan is referring to. Probably pretty disgusting.

Perhaps, but kaput went another VP choice?

It looks like many Republicans are lining up at the Donald Tramp trough. From the Pretty Paul Ryan fiasco, they’ve figured out that they can enrich themselves by speaking out against Tramp and coming around.

We know that South Carolina’s presidential primary candidate Lindsey Graham never had the balls to even bring up the issue of the Confederate flag.

This is pretty big, for anybody with political sensibilities above those of a third grader;

Nikki just threw an enormous amount of shade on The Donald. She mouthed the words about supporting him, which as a GOP elected official she kind of had to do, but only after she had slit his throat. Again. That tail end, quasi-endorsement is not the story; the story is she just gave another percentage point of GOP voters permission to stay home.

Sweet baby Cthulthu, I wish leftwing nuts were fractionally smarter than rightwing nuts.

And yet Haley is 100% supporting Trump for POTUS!! Remarkable.

What world do Republicans live in where they so easily present themselves for such ridicule and contempt? Bah! Conservatism IS A DISEASE!

The Huffington Post exists to trumpet each successive whine and complaint from the Sanders campaign, often publishing writers who are STILL suggesting Bernie can win the nomination! Arianna Huffington was quite recently a Republican, well-marinated in the old-fashioned 1990s “Hillary Hate”, and there’s no way she will progress beyond “concerned” about Hillary and her “chances” throughout the general campaign.

The Huffington Post publishes people who don’t mind not being paid for their work. That ought to inform you as to the quality of the punditry.

Your comment is bizarre, totally wrong and impolite.

“Party before country” - Nimrata “Nikki” Haley

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available