Discussion: Graham Responds To Sanders: 'In America' Debating Generals Appropriate

Yes – and some women have refused to be SACRED. (They used to be – according to everyman-Kelly – you know)

4 Likes

I may be way off base here but I can’t help noticing that the three bodies which were evacuated were white men while the one African American man, Sgt. La David Johnson, was left behind even while he was apparently still alive.

I hate to even think that race had anything to do with that situation, but here we are…

10 Likes

Sitting on the fence counts as a reasonable Republican these days.

3 Likes

Things that make me go hmmm.

And why is the FBI involved in the investigation?

12 Likes

“I don’t know Congresswoman Wilson, I’ve never met her,” he continued. “I know she’s not a big fan of the President. And to her credit, she was in the car with the family. But I think she started something that was really — ***I would never do that.***”

(Emphasis mine.)

What a lying Trumpsucker!

Graham is one of Fox News’ leading Benghazi conspiracists, his shrillness on the issue appearing to reach an ever-higher range as time and information erode the controversy itself. He’s said that the absence of, well, I guess a criminal trial – otherwise, the whole thing’s been pretty well investigated – means Hillary Clinton “got away with murder“. He’s also implied that the Obama administration has menaced or threatened survivors of the attack, preventing Americans from hearing from “the primary source of truth”:

I’ve talked to a couple and their story is chilling. They’re scared to death to come forward.

(Worth noting: survivors of Benghazi have been interviewed twice by federal investigators, and their testimony made available to members of the Senate intelligence committee. They have also been interviewed by investigators conducting an independent review for the State Department.)

Fuck you, Lindsey, and the dinosaur you rode in on…

10 Likes

Snow leopards? Aren’t they on the verge of extinction?

4 Likes

“I don’t know Congresswoman Wilson, I’ve never met her,” he continued. “I know she’s not a big fan of the President. And to her credit, she was in the car with the family. But I think she started something that was really — I would never do that.”

I’m mystified by this comment (2nd from the last graph in the story). I agree with the people who have been saying that this topic is not really something we should be discussing - that it is a private affair, and that the families (of the deceased soldier) should be offered the full support of the government AND they should be left alone.

But Graham’s remark is misdirection. Wilson is NOT who started this. She’s not the person who raised the issue to score cheap political points and to deflect from answering an uncomfortable question. Further, this issue could have been largely been dead 48 hrs ago, except that the Peron who “started” it, wouldn’t let it die and kept reinjecting it into the public discourse by reiterating the first cheap shot and adding lie upon lie to it.

I give Sen. Graham props for his defense the media, but he gets a C+ overall.

5 Likes

Who else would investigate the DoD?

1 Like

‘In America’ Debating Generals [is] Appropriate

Well, unless you’re any rank below Colonel. For civilians, however, generals are fair game.

1 Like

Are they? “Vulnerable” per wiki.
I put them up for the Kazakhstan connection:)

2 Likes

The Dodgers winning last night really boosted my spirits. And I have barely paid much attention to the national pastime in recent years other than the Red Sox winning the pennant. Any happiness I can find I will hold onto.

3 Likes

Still feels too existential to me… I’m one of those people who can’t bear to visit a zoo. Not even our famous San Diego Zoo. Can’t bear it.

1 Like

I’m simply looking at the photos and the old Sesame Street song plays on a loop in my head.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these thingss doesn’t belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

And, no, I mean absolutely no disrespect nor am I in any way implying that these men are “things”.

7 Likes

ahh… I looked for “cute snow leopard” picture. They are scarier in the wild.

2 Likes

But more beautiful free. Pakistan’s last 200 Snow Leopards. Sad.

9 Likes

@ncsteve @centralasiaexpat

OMG she is great! But, but what will happen at the WH science fair? Can we really expose these bright young kids to Pres. *?
I’m going to miss this:

12 Likes

No kidding. [heavyfuckingsigh]

5 Likes

Let’s try absolutely appalling disgrace.

5 Likes

Because it’s the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

It is customary for the FBI to become involved when US citizens are killed overseas.

The bureau told the Wall Street Journal it is not uncommon for it to get involved in these types of military investigations and it actually has the authority to take lead on the case, though it has not done so as yet.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/niger-attack-dead-us-soldiers-killed-fbi-investigation-africa-james-mattis-la-david-johnson-a8011411.html

3 Likes

You’re a more generous grader than I am. The best I could muster would be a “gentleman’s C”, and for this assignment only.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available