Discussion: GOPer Takes His Spat With NOAA Over Climate Study To The Commerce Dept

When Smith can provide the country with a doctorate in science, then he might hold a little sway.

1 Like

give Rep. Smith (R - stupid) redacted copies of the raw data sets. then, using those sets, Rep. Smith and his staff can then work out the graphs and the rest of the finished product.

1 Like

Rep. Lamar Alexander proclaimed this whilst standing knee deep in rising water, wearing flippers and a snorkel and shouting, this GD not climate change is not changing faster than I can swim, therefore, not climate change.

A true Texas genius I tells ya.

1 Like

I think you mean this:

2 Likes

He assumes NOAA is altering data and changing results simply because:

1. He doesn’t like the results
  2. That’s the way he operates, and he assumes that everyone else also does
1 Like

Question: Are Lamar Smith’s antics ultimately more harmful than Tom Cotton’s holding up the approvals of US ambassadors to Sweden, Norway and Bahamas? In Sweden’s case, the US has been ambassador-less since July.

Draw the graph, then go find data to fit. Heritage Foundation 101.
See also: Whatever it takes.

My pleasure, spreading the word about how this will affect science in the US is pretty important to me.

Yep, that’s exactly what I was talking about…I just explained it because most people haven’t heard of Lysenko and his actions in the USSR, so saying “Lysenkoism” doesn’t penetrate.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available