Discussion: GOPer Takes His Spat With NOAA Over Climate Study To The Commerce Dept

The congressman also criticized the agency for using its Twitter account and a press release to promote the study:

TWITTERGHAZZZZIIIIII!!!

1 Like

It sure does a body–and mind–good. :wink:

Nothing like grinding your own beans and making it in a French Press. Hot milk, sugar and cocoa … then pour in the coffee.

1 Like

Yes — But mainly the " take a breather" part —

1 Like

LOL. Well, yeah … for most of us, that part is a no-brainer … but, well, you know.

So what if they touted their study? That does not mean it will not be repeated or looked at again by other groups. And a tweet is hardly the end all be all. Really, given the situation as soon as the paper was published the deniosphere was all over it.

And honestly, if he thinks that the rate of climate change is slowed that is still an improvement. That means it is happening. Many conservatives do not even go with that. It is always funny to me they are the first to scream fraud and politicize everything. I can only imagine if a Dem did this to Pro-life health centers or something. The cries would shatter windows.

4 Likes

I am married to a scientist and there is NOTHING WORSE you can do than to accuse a scientist of data manipulation! It’s like calling your mother the c-word! Let’s see how much cooperation he gets on his future requests!

9 Likes

Meanwhile, outside of Dumbfuckistan…

According to newly released NASA data, October was not only the warmest October on record, but had the biggest temperature difference of any month in the 135 years of NASA’s archive. The month was more than a full degree Celsius (nearly 2°F) above the average for the 1951-1980 base period that NASA uses — an unprecedented feat in all those years of data.

The global average temperature for the year so far gives 2015 a 99.9
percent chance that 2015 will best 2014 as the warmest year in the
books
, according to Gavin Schmidt, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute
for Space Studies, which keeps the temperature records. The virtually
assured record is a mark of the steady upward march of global temperatures thanks to the accumulation of greenhouses gases in the atmosphere, as well as a very strong El Niño.

6 Likes

The ONLY thing Texas is good for is growing A$$holes.

1 Like

This is all about the power of the purse. He wants to defund this agency.

3 Likes

Lamar Smith is a smarmy little fascist wannabe.

1 Like

Only republicans would put someone who didn’t believe in science in charge of the science Committee.

7 Likes

Not-a-scientist, but scientists are wrong because…
Because in bubble land facts are trumped by dogma.
Because his campaign donors make money causing climate change.
Because he has long since been assimilated into the GOP Borg and independent thought is impossible for him; and he is a Texan, but I repeat myself.
And most of all, because the Republican Prime Directive is opposition to everything PBHO.

4 Likes

It bobbles the mind, eh?

This prompted Smith to accuse the NOAA of altering "the data to get the results they needed to advance this administration’s extreme climate change agenda,”

Makes you wonder whose agenda they were pushing during the Bush years when they said the same thing.

3 Likes

Lamar, honey…you wouldn’t understand if you got it…it’s got big science words in it…

4 Likes

Given how dependent we are on technology, yeah. If this bunch of Deliberately Opposing Progress, Education and Science (DOPES) would do nothing the world would be a much better place.

2 Likes

I grind my own teeth after a few cups of French Roast. Not the same though, huh? Actually I take my coffee dark and bitter…like my moods.

LD

1 Like

How far down the mind ladder is bobble…? I’ve only been boggled until now…

I guess there ArgleBargled…

3 Likes

LOL! I cannot take my coffee as my emotional state because sometimes it borders on pissy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available