Discussion: GOP Senator Says It's 'Hard' To Imagine Obamacare Repeal Passing This Week

A woman’s a weasel! How creative, haven’t heard that before.

Well, hope springs infernal I guess, but so far the record of “moderate” Republicans with “misgivings” and “reservations” about anything the GOP has wanted lo these last ten years and more doesn’t give me much hope. “It could happen” is what gets me to buy the occasional lottery ticket, but so far, no joy.

1 Like

The new flash mob!

1 Like

Not every anti-Collins comment is misogyny, you know.

2 Likes

Senator Concern Troll is right! Everyone knows that a shitburger like the BCRA needs to ripen for a few weeks before it’s ready for consumption.

You kids are all being extra-mean to Collins. I mean, her brow was furrowed even more deeply than that of John McCain when she said it, so you know how serious her concerns are.

1 Like

A Koch Bros org has come out against AHCA as not being mean enough. This was after Pence met with Koch this weekend. hmmmmmmmm. The root & branch wing is playing for keeps. They want all or nothing. I also wonder if this is the Koch’s first move against Trump to elevate Pence. If AHCA were to fail, where would that leave Trump with respect to the GOP given that everyone is lawyering up?

1 Like

Heller yikes.

2 Likes

You seem to have respect for the late Suzanne Pleshette. Ends there.

@leftcoaster

he is afflicted with Non-Straight-Answer Disorder.

They all are.

“Support” slipping, senators “wavering.” I only know what I read in the newspapers.

1 Like

The woman has a limited imagination…I imagine this baby will pass easily before the week is out because that’s just how the R’s roll

1 Like

“GOP Senator Says It’s ‘Hard’ To Imagine Obamacare Repeal Passing This Week.”
But you’ll find a way, won’t you Senator. Because you always, always, always fold.

3 Likes

All these old Republicans exercising their concern muscles. First McCain, now Collins! Bet none of them have the energy to keep it up for long enough to vote “no”.

2 Likes
“These are not cuts to Medicaid,” Conway said earlier on “This Week.”

Asked to respond to Conway’s comments, Collins said: “I respectfully disagree with her analysis.”

Pretty big talk from someone who’s going to turn around and vote for this bill.

2 Likes

I hope it passes. That’s the only way Trump supporters will finally accept that it screws them over. If it doesn’t pass, the GOP will just blame Dems for being obstructionists. So, let it pass. It can always be undone.

How can you say you hope it passes so that trump supporters will finally wake up. They never will. They’re zombies. “It can always be undone.” I’m sorry but what planet are you from.

4 Likes

The planet that accepts the reality of this situation. Once his supporters start losing their Medicaid benefits and have friends and relatives losing their Medicaid benefits, they will wake up.

Besides, if it doesn’t pass they will blame the dems anyway and will run on that in 2018–‘we had a great health care plan, but the dems obstructed–reelect us so we can finally get it passed’.

Fatalistic attitudes like this guarantee that outcome. The correct way to look at this situation is to recognize that they are spineless cowards. The fact that so many are giving wobbly, half-hearted statements now is a good thing, because it means they’re leaving their options open. We need to flood their lines as much as possible with opposition. It won’t go down 49-51; McConnell will be able to pressure them to not be the one vote who kept it from passing. But if enough are pushed hard enough they may stand up. It almost worked in the House.

That goes especially if the righties like Cruz and Paul continue to be opposed. They will probably end up supporting it in return for a few sops…but they made such extreme demands that they too left themselves an out to continue opposing it if a few others do. As someone said, if it loses, it won’t lose by 49-51, it will be more like 42-58. And keep in mind that Cruz is perfectly willing to fuck up the Republican agenda as long as it serves his own interests.

2 Likes

No, they won’t. They don’t even recognize that Democrats and the ACA gave them these benefits in the first place, why would they realize Republicans took it away?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available