Discussion: GOP Senator Says It's 'Hard' To Imagine Obamacare Repeal Passing This Week

2 Likes

Translation: They’ll be putting it up for a vote late Monday night.

21 Likes

KAC doesn’t deserve respectful disagreement.

21 Likes

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) on Sunday said she has “very serious concerns” about Senate Republicans’ bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, and has a hard time imagining that the bill will pass in the week ahead.

Oh, my giddy aunt! Even Chris Cillizza and Chuck Todd must be on to this Bette Davis-level performance by the “onnagata” senator from Maine.

15 Likes

She’s clearing her throat to vote yes come Thursday, in other words. When the history of this period in American politics is written, if it is written, I hope they reserve particular derision for the politicians who cynically played moderates on TV, in order to provide cover for GOP cruelty.

28 Likes

Clearly, the screams of innocents exacerbate Sue’s cerebral palsy…

1 Like

= Ya
I’ll fold and vote for it because reasons

12 Likes

She is such a weasel.

9 Likes

Her motto should be:

“I’m not a moderate, but I play one on TV.”

19 Likes

“I’ve got concerns…serious concerns…very serious concerns…”
Roll call: Senator Collins? “Aye.”

19 Likes

Since most everybody I’ve coaxed can do a passable imitation of Sue’s wiggily voice, I wish a crowd of protestors would ‘do Sue’ in unison…Maybe chanting “seriously concerned”? Might be funny and memorable…

2 Likes

“It’s hard for me to see the bill passing this week, but that’s up to the majority leader,” Collins said on ABC News’ “This Week,” referring to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

No Senator, it’s up to YOU.

25 Likes

Make that “Seriously concerned aye.” It’s a little different.

11 Likes

Susan Collins invariably makes all the right noises … and then votes with Mitch McConnell anyhow.

For this, the press calls here a “moderate.” I’d use a different word.

14 Likes

The GOP death panel will meet I mean vote next week.

5 Likes

The 13 Senators who were purportedly writing the bill were indeed a death panel. I wish that term were used more.

10 Likes

Amazing how we’ve ricocheted back into the dark weeds of the early 1980s with this crowd of high dollar troglodytes…

3 Likes

No one currently enrolled in Medicaid will in any way be affected by this bill…if they have the good sense and common decency to die within the next 24 hours.

8 Likes

Bullshit, it’ll pass down party lines with 2 GOPers getting a chance to save face so 51-50 (with VP tie breaker).

Of course, I’d love it if one of the quiet GOPers pulled a surprise No Vote but, I doubt I.

5 Likes

But, but, why should a man have to pay for a woman to give birth? I mean, that’s HER problem.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available