Discussion: GOP Sen.: We Would Consider SCOTUS Nom From GOP President

Johnson: Look, this is partisan. We want to block the black guy from appointing some liberals to SCOTUS. If elected, I will continue to block Hillary’s nominee as well. We only want deep conservatives on SCOTUS, nominated by a white president.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see Feingold kick this clown out. It was a joke that a decent man like Feingold could have lost to this ninny in 2010.

7 Likes

Not just not doing their job, but flaunting the fact they aren’t doing their job. I wonder if anyone bothered to ask him if the court is supposed to be non-partisan (not neutral, but non-partisan) then why would he only do his job if a conservative judge was to be appointed?

4 Likes

So party before country or the Constitution, huh? Nice. :angry:

2 Likes

Johnson is so stupid, he thinks Johnny Cash is a pay toilet… :smile:

2 Likes

Jonson’s so dumb he thinks a Manila folder is a Filipino contortionist.

1 Like

I see that Ron Johnson is having his Kevin McCarthy moment.

5 Likes

Now, THIS I believe from him. As if there was any doubt about what is going on here. You might not have the Republicans obstructing if Obama had to replace Ginsburg, Breyer, et. al either but no way in hell will they allow a Democrat to replace somebody like Scalia if they have the power to do anything about it.

2 Likes

The amusing thing is that the conservative court has done more to hurt individual people and promote business and other random things than anything.

What is more important a restriction on gun ownership being allowed or people being held in prisons with no recourse? the ability of corporations to speak as they want or people? The ability of a random florist or Christian CEO to go after their gay employees or the ability of US citizens to express their religious beliefs but not to mix government and faith?

Conservatives want to go the wrong way in all of those things.

1 Like

Do we even have to imagine what Republicans would say if Harry Reid was Majority Leader and announcing that they would refuse to consider President Republican’s nominee during an election year?

2 Likes

Being from WI, he never ceases to embarrass me.

Go RUSS!

6 Likes

This clown is known as the dimmest bulb in the senate.

1 Like

I hear Cruz eats hair… human hair…

1 Like

Ozymandias went off script again.

I found it!

“When a vacancy occurs, the President shall nominate…to bring back to 9 justices…EXCEPT when the opposite party in the Senate is worried about cases where the vote might be 5-4”

2 Likes

This needs to be made into a campaign add PDQ and spread across the country. This Senator is a total asshole and not following the Constitution.

1 Like

So given his “logic,” he shouldn’t have a vote on the Judiciary or in the Senate as a whole either, not until after “The People” of Wisconsin have spoken. Coz what they said 5 years ago doesn’t matter in the last year of his term, right???

2 Likes

Maybe they should remember next time how it went this time. Reid seemed to think that precious Senate comity was more important than accomplishing things. Maybe his replacement will feel differently.

Here you go: http://russfeingold.com

1 Like

Ron is so dumb, he has an “Our Dumb Senator” website dedicated to his stupidity. Unfortunately, it’s a full time job to keep it updated…looks like it could use some updating.
http://ourdumbsenator.tumblr.com/

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available