Discussion: GOP Sen. Says Sanders Accuses O’Care Repeal Supporters Of Murder

The 2016 presidential election and Georgia 6th special election blow up that assertion. You can spend all the money in the world, but if your message and candidate are crap. Nothing will save it.

Well I understand your frustrations, I find that after every time I demand my way, I cool down and realize the only person I persuaded was myself.

1 Like

Do exactly what about Citizens United?!! I’m not on the Supreme Court.

3 Likes

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade sir. This is one huge ugly spade. You are digging the graves of the disabled, those who are ill and those who aren’t rich and will not be able to afford care or insurance. This isn’t some game. It really is life or death for some. A friend’s granddaughter just had a life saving liver transplant. She was BORN with billiary artesia which can kill you without a transplant. She and her aunt who was her living donor are now walking preexisting conditions. She and her aunt did nothing except save a baby’s life. Does the GOP care about that? Nope. Rich guys in the GOP have no empathy and no understanding about the lives of real people not up in the Congress’s marble halls. They are so far removed from real people with real lives and real problems. They piss me off to no end.

5 Likes

Ossoff did damn well in a district that was redder than red.

Let’s see how next year goes.

3 Likes

Organize right down to the fucking dog catcher level. Show regular people they can get value for their $10 contributions.

If Democrats don’t they will keep losing, but you won’t offend anybody.

People are already doing that. Now, which ronbyers are you? The one in Missouri or the one in Florida? You have your work cut out for you either way.

People don’t have to donate anything. They just need to vote. They can vote for the dems or the party of death and the rich.

Their choice.

1 Like

You ever heard the term “snowbird,” butter cup. Take your pick. And yes we do have our work cut out for us in both states. There is no point in talking to you anymore. You represent the very polite loser party that is controlled by rich hedge fund managers. People like you represent the past.

They don’t seem to realize that the Republicans have been waging war on the Democrats for decades and still think they need to play nice or else they’ll lose their soul. (Never mind the democrats have lost just about everything else.). I have a feeling that if they were alive in 1864, they would criticize Sherman’s March to the Sea as being to rough on the Confederates.

1 Like

Yep, that’s me, all right.

Man, clueless and naive is no way to go through life. Your idealism needs a tune-up.

And if you were a Bernie supporter? No wonder you’re in a bad mood. :smirk:

1 Like

Yes GOP. When you take funding from Medicaid poor people are thrown off the rolls. Those poor get sick and die from having no insurance. So yes. You are a murderer. Get IT !!

1 Like

There is a contingent on this thread who are afraid that you will offend Republicans if you call them the murderers they are. They don’t want to offend. Their hedge fund manager patrons want their pieces of the medicaid pie. They just don’t want their fingerprints all over it.

1 Like

I am in a bad mood because you have reminded me that the modern Democratic party is under the thumb of professional and committed money raising losers who are afraid to fight to win. You are a prime example of one of their minions.

Archie Parnell did better, in a redder district than georgia’s 6th and zero support from the national democratic machine.

If anything, democrats should be looking to Parnell (Who didn’t run from liberal principles like the vapid Ossoff.)

Democrats are still subscribing to Obama’s failed congressional election strategy and refuse to be combative, which is why they couldn’t pick up a single seat in the special elections. Maybe things will change, but if the current lot are still in charge. I won’t expect much.

It’s up to people like you and others who have the will to fight for your beliefs to first clean house of the democrats who would foolishly take down the party from within with their hand wringing. If they want to leave the party, tell them ‘don’t let the door hit them on the ass’ because the stakes are much bigger than to placate their demand. Which have already been proven to lead to abject failure.

‘When people speak of this age, we will not be the ones who stood guard as America died.’

It is not just that they can’t afford to help people, they are taking money away from millions so that they can toss a few dollars to the rich.

How I long for the days when a foreign reporter could throw a shoe at a president.

1 Like

Sanders didn’t call them murderers.

He just pointed out the FACT that thousands of Americans will die premature deaths (and endure needless suffering) if the GOP bill passes.

That doesn’t really fit the legal definition of “murder.”

Maybe “negligent homicide?”

“Mass manslaughter?”

4 Likes

It is premeditated murder.

Who could have known it would be so hard to deliver peace to the Middle East? No one could have predicted that!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available