Discussion: GOP Sen. Says Sanders Accuses O’Care Repeal Supporters Of Murder

If the shoe fits, wear it, Orrin.

47 Likes

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) on Friday said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) had accused supporters of Senate Republicans’ Obamacare repeal bill of murder.

Passing a law that will knowingly cause 44,789 excess deaths per year is not malice aforethought. It is the embodiment of compassionate conservatism and GOP Xtianity to allow the sick and afflicted to die quickly in accordance with god’s will.

40 Likes

And if the Constitution didn’t prohibit it, Orrin, I’d be writing my Senators to advocate pushing the FBI to bring every one of you up on charges for attempted murder, yeah.

14 Likes

The brief time when we were not accusing those we disagree with of murder was nice while it lasted.

In the world of my Senator-for-Life Orrin Hatch, taking health coverage away from tens of millions of people is nothing more than a “disagreement.”

34 Likes

“We can’t defend our legislation on the merits so let’s tone police the liberals instead. Lord knows they’ll start tut-tutting each other before long.”

25 Likes

And your point is?

2 Likes

Sanders was pointing out the consequences of the bill.

Now as for unfounded accusations of murder, Hatch better get his own reprehensible house in order

Yes in 2017 we are still talking about vince foster.

25 Likes

Yeah sorry the GOP is willing to kill people to get a tax reduction for the wealthy.

43 Likes

Yes, how dare Bernie spell out the obvious. You’re an accessory to genocide, Orrin, get used to the label. You willingly chose to go along with this and you have no one but yourself to blame.

27 Likes

Good: Sanders speaks the truth.

Trump and the Republicans love to call for death squads and violence when they are trying to stop progress. But when the Russian Republicans are destroying America, they can’t handle the truth.

Trumpcare = death squads!

23 Likes

Sanders claimed “Thousands of people will die if the Republican health care bill becomes law.”

Sen. Hatch, this is not an accusation of murder. It’s just pointing out the very real and foreseeable effects of the Republican “health care” bill if enacted into law. But, if it’s easier for you to understand - yeah, you personally and everyone who votes for, supports, or signs this bill will definitely be killing tens of thousands of people who should not have to die just because they do not have health care. Edited to add: And Fuck You, you despicable old fuck.

25 Likes

Stating a FACT that lack of health ins. means some people will die is not accusing some of murder.

But the Rethugs said that Dems had created “death panels” back in 2010. So, - there’s that.

18 Likes

Omg, anyone got any video of hatch using the term “death panel”?

Here we go, Hatch in 2009 refusing to agree with his colleague Sen Murkowski that the “death panel” meme was bs.

20 Likes

The Pubbies do not get to dictate “the tone”. Especially when the facts are not on their side. They’ve gone to this well once too often with the cheerful aid of the DC media “tone police.” It doesn’t work anymore. Hatch and his fellow malefactors are in charge and they don’t like the weight of accountability. So fuck your civility, you incompetent old liar.

23 Likes

Standard for Dems: That’s a bit harsh, isn’t it?
Standard for GOP: Fuck Yer Feelins’!!!

6 Likes

Everyone is accountable for his or her actions.

2 Likes

Not just “murder” but “genocide.”

4 Likes

As a long-time fan of Law and Order", I suggest that the type of murder known as “depraved indifference to human life” could well apply to this abomination of a “health” bill, which should be known as “deathcare”. TS Orrin Hatch —

15 Likes

Good point. If God had wanted all of us to live, why did He create childhood leukemia, ALS and Donald Trump?

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available