Discussion: GOP Sen. Johnson: 'No Way' Senate Should Vote On ACA Repeal This Week

All this means is they need more time to come up with their excuse to voters for why they voted for this awful bill.

Johnson absolutely will. Cruz, Lee and Paul will be made content by adding a few even more barbaric amendments to the bill making it even more horrific (That is going to have to happen to get it through the House again anyway).

Right now, Heller is the only one out by my count, and they are going after him hard.

McConnell can afford to have 1 Senator defect, but tossing his seat to the Dems seems like a pretty severe play just to avoid even that 1 defection.

1 Like

I don’t. Lee and Cruz definitely think the bill doesn’t go far enough, as do their brethren in the HFC. Paul isn’t worried in the least about voter push back, he isn’t going to face voters again until 2022 (2020 if he continues his family quixotic presidential campaigns). Paul’s issues are going to be of the more Libertarian bent, that he is opposed to any government action touching anything in the private world, including the business of health care.

Either that or he wants McConnell to make his optometrist board the ONLY officially recognized board, and is holding out for that particular bribe. :wink:

20% of KYians will lose their healthcare under this bill. I think he’s a moron, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough not to have considered that. And I think he and a few others use their libertarian bent to justify opposing things that they know are politically toxic.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available