Discussion: GOP Sen. Johnson: 'No Way' Senate Should Vote On ACA Repeal This Week

Someone I know said, “Maybe these Republicans expressing concerns about the Senate health care bill really do have a conscience and a soul.” I was like …

5 Likes

I don’t know if we should even call it “cave” when they fully intend to vote for it from the start…

1 Like

Slightly OT—but worth it.

9 Likes

because all the ‘principled moderate centrist’ holdouts haven’t had enough time to negotiate for their 30pcs of silver?

1 Like

Wait, that is my routine. Daily.

1 Like

That will be their excuse when things move to impeachment. No one told them. About anything. Heck even having kids was a surprise.

2 Likes

“Listen,” Johnson said, “this thing’s a shitburger. If you’re gonna con people into eating it, you need to liquor them up a bit, first.”

1 Like

… and only because his father-in-law set him up in business.

3 Likes

That’s true; typos can be a bitch, and there’s no telling what sort of unintended consequences lie within that bill, though the intended consequences are bad enough.

For an example of a typo gone wrong, an early version of the King James Bible offered this quickly-corrected commandment:

Thou shalt commit adultery.

3 Likes

I suspect that a lot of the republicans asking for a delay fully intend to vote for the bill.

They just don’t want to do so immediately before going home and having to face their constituents.

2 Likes

Why wait on Trumpcare “crash and burn” when you can do that next Thursday?

Plenty of time to get outta town and slip behind your Praetorian guard for the entire July recess.

Then you can get started on pre-failing the tax deform plan Dear Leaker has been demanding. After Xmas you can start the new Trumpcare reconciliation plan with even more poison pills and fatal flaws :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

“There’s no way we should be voting on this next week.”

translation - GOPers should evaluate reelection prospects before pocketing fat tax cuts.

3 Likes

Oh this is them tightening the screws? “You want tax cuts? Well here and now is the time you start paying me for them. If I don’t see yuuuuuuuuge donations to my re-election campaign then we’ll string this along, capisce?”

1 Like

McConnell to colleagues:
“We need to pass this turd of a bill before its full impact can be recognized by the American people!”

2 Likes

Before the Rs can vote on anything they’ll have to get this image out of their heads, the ol’ Kentucky moon shining on them.

8 Likes

But very sharp!

Nom, nom, nom.

3 Likes

OT–

Remember when Donald said to his son-in-law, " If you can’t produce peace in the Middle East, nobody can.”

So far Jared isn’t doing so well, to put it very, very mildly.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/335838/jared-kushner-is-already-fucking-up-the-middle-east-peace-process/

2 Likes

Well, if the Lord commands it…

1 Like

I guess I’m the only one who just doesn’t think they’re going to go for it. It’s not that I believe they care one wit about their constitutes. No, I just think they realize how politically toxic the bill is. It’s not only terrible for the country, but passing it would be a huge gift to Democrats. Some of them are too stupid to realize that, but some of them are certainly smart enough to see that and must realize on some level that they’re well and truly fucked if this thing goes through. Mitch McConnell is retiring. He won’t have to face the music, but there are a bunch who’d like to still have careers in politics. They won’t if they pass this thing.

3 Likes

That’s Rand Paul’s position as well. Doesn’t go far enough. But I also think some of the hardcore Cons are simply using “doesn’t go far enough” as an excuse not to vote for something they know is politically toxic. About a million people here in KY would lose their healthcare under this plan. That’s about 20% of the population.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available