Discussion: GOP Sen. Johnson: 'No Way' Senate Should Vote On ACA Repeal This Week

Saw this and became even more pissed off that McConnell is pushing this shit. Pure evil.

I didn’t know he had polio as a kid. He wouldn’t even meet with March of Dimes and a whole host of other non-profits that work on medical issues, before coming out with this horrible bill. He’s pathetic. Has he announced this is his last term in office? I hadn’t heard that.

5 Likes

Thank you for posting. My high anxiety level thanks you.

Okay, that’s the old Onion. Yay!!

Wow. That needs to be an ad everywhere.

Republicans have so many Achilles heels, and money isn’t always going to be able to save them.

Only if the Dems actually come out and take advantage of these heels, Achilles and otherwise. The MCConnell meme, above, should already have gone nationally viral, but those of us here will be the only ones to see it.

It’s all about tax cuts for the rich. And the poor slobs who will be affected will go down clutching the confederate flag and their “minor’s” helmets.

That meme is incorrect, though he did have polio and did get a lot of help from it, but at the the time the place he went to was a non profit, though its now state run.

1 Like

That’s what I call “trumplandia” …my new pet name for this alt-fact run alternate reality that the Orange Menace has dragged us all into. The worm hole was formed on Nov 8th, 2016 by millions of duped low information rubes and we got sucked in and passed the event horizon permanently on Jan. 20th, 2017 and there’s no way back since the worm hole has dissolved into the ether from whence it came.
We could impeach DJT but that would give us Pence which isn’t any kind of improvement.

1 Like

You beat me to it.
People really should check the validity of the memes they’re tempted to post. I started doing that a couple years ago and it has stopped me from posting most memes.

Like Ryan:

1. Already collected Social Security. After Ryan’s father passed away, he saved Social Security survivor’s benefits to pay for attending Miami University, where Ryan double majored in economics and political science in 1992.

But he deserved it, of course.

Hi Sockey!

It’s not incorrect that McConnell got some help. Also, from Snopes:

However, it was operated as an innovative, nationwide nonprofit organization, not a federal or state agency, and it was not taxpayer or government-funded.

Non-profit organization.

Where are those places today?

Or in Spanish, Trumplaterra (Fr. Grande Trumpagne).

1 Like

He also hired two appellate attorneys.

1 Like

Is it possible that *itch McConnell finally screwed the pooch? Putting Senators seats on the line (potentially for several years) with a draft bill that won’t get passed. I have a feeling the Koch brothers put the heat on him heavily after they spent an estimated $250-400M on the last election and they want payback.

This is a bit OT, but one of the things I’ve often wondered about speaker Ryan is about his personal worth and more specifically, has he ever received a pay check that was from the private sector? Or have most his paydays been from checks signed by ‘uncle Sam’.

I have stinking suspicion that he’s becoming miraculously wealthy… kinda like how Denny Hastert became a millionaire in congress because he had an uncanny knack for knowing to buy land exactly where that new highway interchange was going in. Who knew that being a high school wrestling coach could impart such insight?

3 Likes

All this means is they need more time to come up with their excuse to voters for why they voted for this awful bill.

Johnson absolutely will. Cruz, Lee and Paul will be made content by adding a few even more barbaric amendments to the bill making it even more horrific (That is going to have to happen to get it through the House again anyway).

Right now, Heller is the only one out by my count, and they are going after him hard.

McConnell can afford to have 1 Senator defect, but tossing his seat to the Dems seems like a pretty severe play just to avoid even that 1 defection.

1 Like

I don’t. Lee and Cruz definitely think the bill doesn’t go far enough, as do their brethren in the HFC. Paul isn’t worried in the least about voter push back, he isn’t going to face voters again until 2022 (2020 if he continues his family quixotic presidential campaigns). Paul’s issues are going to be of the more Libertarian bent, that he is opposed to any government action touching anything in the private world, including the business of health care.

Either that or he wants McConnell to make his optometrist board the ONLY officially recognized board, and is holding out for that particular bribe. :wink:

20% of KYians will lose their healthcare under this bill. I think he’s a moron, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough not to have considered that. And I think he and a few others use their libertarian bent to justify opposing things that they know are politically toxic.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available