Discussion: GOP Rep. Faced Raucous Town Hall In Texas After Obamacare Repeal Failed

They’re still not listening. More heat!

In fairness, this is the conservative solution for everything. The only way to fix government is to burn it down and replace it with fewer freedoms.

3 Likes

…he was still committed to repealing and replacing Obamacare.

the beat goes on. I figured they’d do nothing and try to blame it on anyone but themselves. They can’t do anything because if they repeal it so many of their voters will be hurt by it and the only way to improve it is to make it even more government run and funded. Sadly Krugman points out how little it cost, percent of the budget wise, and how little extra it would take to really fix it, but they can’t do the latter because it shows everything the preach to be a lie.

Not only that, what will they use to rally their loony base without Obamacare?

They’ve just about worn out abortion.

1 Like

Gee, Sen. Dan Sullivan from Alaska maybe?

Well, I use “rural” in the sense they were in mostly small towns in rural areas far distant from cities with larger populations, or as we metropolitans think of it, it wasn’t in IC, CR or DSM so it’s out in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

The attendees had to have proof that they were from his district…and it was righteous indignants who were there… except for a few Trump delusionals.

Have to admit that dems have done quite a bit of gerry-rigging in blue MD

I understand. In Houston, his location was “outside the loop.” A place where we joke we have to have immunizations and passports to go. :wink:

1 Like

If you need an emetic, their comment sections are ideal.

1 Like

How you like the tea party tactics now, you scum-sucking fat-ass gallus-wearing jackass?

3 Likes

:joy:

excellent!

What, my member of Congress? Michigan 11th, David Trott.

Hit em again …Hit em again …HARDER HARDER !!!

1 Like

I am assuming the local TV and radio stations don’t cover angry crowds at town hall meetings.

Likely redundant for this audience, but cutting NIH and NEA is like shooting yourself in the foot.

The NIH is globally recognized as a premier research organization. It not only conducts essential internal research (HIV/AIDS comes to mind since I was involved in that arena a decade or so ago) but funds a slew of university research labs, which ultimately train our next generation scientists. Dollars to NIH save lives, educate scientists, and indirectly promote vast amounts of private dollars to research, e.g., the biotech industry.

NEA dollars appear to be wasteful “arsty-fartsy” dollars to the ignorant, but result in $9 for every $1 spent. Win-win.

2 Likes

They covered, but the link was off the main page by the next day.

because… FREEDOM!

1 Like

yeah, and being anti-Russia appears to be off the table now, too!

1 Like

Did you notice the story in the Post where the last REAL president said he is going to be working on the gerrymandering/redistricting issue in the coming months(or days, I hope)?

I’ve seen that story. I think he and Holder are going to be heading an effort beginning with turning red states and their legislatures less red. For now Holder is working on behalf of California (hired the by state legislature) to fight back against the ICE policies of snatching immigrants and deporting.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available