Discussion: GOP Rep. Defends Trump For Blaming 'Both Sides' In Charlottesville

It’s worth noting the people in the large category “alt-Right” probably possess weaponry, and the willingness and training to use it, in far larger numbers than that part of society that finds their philosophies repugnant. The NYTimes today references various security experts that estimate the chances of a near term civil war at anywhere from 35%>65%. They don’t mean war in the traditional sense of all out hostilities, but rather a concerted campaign of murderous violence perpetrated against those opposing Nazism and white supremacy. As a Progressive you might have a pistol somewhere in the house. When that batshit crazy neighbor with a swastika flag on his porch goes off the deep end, he’s busting loose an entire armory out of his basement.

4 Likes

I see he got the wh memo

3 Likes

stole the words right off my keyboard.

Also the “some people were just protesting removing the statue” bit. Look here numbnuts, if you’re willing to march with them I don’t think it matters what you think your original intent for being there was. You’re a fucking nazi now.

8 Likes

line forms to the right

4 Likes

So wonderful to see Trump being supported by a righteous man spouting “both-siderism” who also happens to look like a used condom.

2 Likes

True. I’m saying the day will come when a candidate’s bio will include clearly defined allegiances to fascist and white supremacist beliefs. Overt, unrepentent loyalties.

Internalized Anti-Semitism on display here. The “alt-right” needs, and despises, its Jewish stooges like Zeldin.

4 Likes

The only thing I’m more worried about with Trump in the WH rather than Pence is that Trump in a tantrum may start a nuclear war. Other than that, Trump is merely the symptom of a direction in which the GOP has been trending for years.

Until they abandon minority voter suppression, the demonization of various “enemies,” and anti-factual media, the GOP will continue to cultivate white bereavement and hate.

5 Likes

The scary thing is that this guy isn’t even the worst NY Congressperson in the POT (that’s “party of Trump,” since the
GOP no longer exists). I can’t wait to hear what Chris Collins (who’s the worst and first to endorse Trump) has to say in his defense; and John Faso in the 19th District votes with Trump 100% of the time but doesn’t have the cojones ever to hold a town hall or meet with constituents at all. I can hardly imagine what it’s like to have someone like Farenthold or King as one’s representative.

1 Like

“There is an element of our country that has pledged to resist, oppose, and obstruct this President entirely on absolutely everything and anything and to this population the President cannot say or do absolutely anything at all that they won’t criticize as long as he is in the office he was elected to serve in last November,”

For the previous eight years that faction was known as “All Republicans.”

15 Likes

The single most chilling thing I’ve seen in a long time. It’s shades of the “early adopters” of Trump during the campaign when he was clearly going to get laughed off the national stage.

“There is an element of our country that has pledged to resist, oppose, and obstruct this President entirely on absolutely everything and anything and to this population the President cannot say or do absolutely anything at all that they won’t criticize as long as he is in the office he was elected to serve in last November,”

That’s true, and as more people realize Trump supports white supremacists, that element will grow. There’s a much smaller element that’s willing to fight Nazis in the street when they show up armed for battle. The two groups probably overlap somewhat. God bless them both.

2 Likes

Donnie’s going back to West Virginia, where they love him…

2 Likes

Unfortunately the right wing bubble is irony-proof as well as fact-proof.

2 Likes

I’m aware of the worrisome trends in GOP beliefs. But Trump’s ratcheting up the possibility of nuclear war is even worrisomer. So let’s take things one at a time, and prioritize taking the nuclear football out of the hands of a person who’s severely mentally ill in a way that predisposes him to blind rage and expressions of dominance. Then we can work on checklist item b, having a long talk with the GOP about the choices it’s been making lately.

5 Likes

Given who I know in law enforcement, they seem more likely to sympathize with the “peaceful” folks who will stand next to nazis than the peaceful protesters who may be peppered with anarchists and other potentially violent people. I am really not liking any of this. Not finding a joke or any levity in it anymore.

2 Likes

Damned hippies should buy cars.

1 Like

In WW II he would have been a “Greifer”.

1 Like

And thank heaven they do because prior to that my CT state tax form had me list every fucking online purchase from anyone and figure out sales taxes. Roaring pain in the ass.

2 Likes

Where are the Democrats speaking out on this? I don’t see any in the headlines.

I want to hear “Nazi Republicans” repeated over and over.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available