Discussion: GOP Rep. Complains Release Of Trump Tax Returns Could Create 'Slippery Slope'

Mine, too! Booooring.

3 Likes

I have a feeling that you are deeply afraid that someone is going to release yours, Rep. Reed.

13 Likes

Amazing how all these right wing authoritarian scumbuckets become crusading civil libertarians when it suits their political goals. Or in other words, gun down as many innocent black people under color of state authority as you like, steal babies from their parents and toss them into horrific for-profit prisons, call Barack Obama a tyrant for daring to think he was president, but arrest Nixon-tattooed Roger Stone for lying to Congress and ā€œOh, my! Is there room on that fainting couch, Aunt Pittypat?ā€

16 Likes

If I was the finalist in the Democratic candidate derby Iā€™d announce that Iā€™m not releasing any tax returns because the new ā€œnormā€ is not to do it. Just to watch the frenzy of screaming from the right for a few days.

12 Likes

U mean the returns that are currently under perpetual ā€˜auditā€™?

7 Likes

Heā€™s right - Trump has been clear. He thinks his tax returns should be treated like the words he whispers in Vladimir Putinā€™s ear - as things no American should never find out about. And since the second fact makes him, by far, the most dangerously compromised President in history, it is a duty of everyone in this country to find out the first.

8 Likes

What a load of crap:

1. ā€œthe American peopleā€ did NOT elect him
  2. He promised several times during the campaign to release his returns so arguably some people who did vote for him (the minority voteā€¦) may have done so with the expectation that he would release his returns

If he (or any presidential candidate) wants the American people to vote for him or her then the candidate should expect to be transparent - including release of tax returns. Full Stop.

11 Likes

It is only a slippery slope if you are so greasy with corruption that you start sliding down the side of the mountain crashing to your political death, Rep. Reed.

8 Likes

I take great offense of your usage of ā€œAunt Pittypatā€ to label Rep. Reed.

Everyone here knows that name is reserved for Senator Lindsey Graham. After all, some traditions must be respected!

10 Likes

I think the President has made it very clear as to where he stands on his tax returns.

Crystal clear! He was going to release them, then he was going to release them, then as soon as an audit was done heā€™d release them, then after Warren took a DNA test I think?, then after an audit was done. He said very clearly that he would release them. Do your f**king job and hold him to it.

7 Likes

Where is this going to stop? Next thing you know ordinary Americans are going to be told by Democrats that they shouldnā€™t lie and cheat. Iā€™ve never been so outraged in my life.

3 Likes

Not yet.

(I hear it is a dish best served cold.)

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be cold alright - Iā€™ll be a fucking corpse by the time we get around to it. hahahaha

4 Likes

Yeah, they think Hillary Clinton should release every email sheā€™s ever written since the invention of the Internet, but heaven forbid that Fat Ass should release his fucking tax returns!

8 Likes

The slippy slope is that once you see them you will, or David Cay Johnston, will know where the rubles are stashed.

4 Likes

Okay, now I see the problem. We all know he didnā€™t actually, really win, he just cheated - so ipso fatso, no need to release! :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

Iā€™m an American, and a Democrat.

Yes! I am outraged right now! :rage:

3 Likes

Hell yeah! Mr. Reasonable here was hooting and hollering and clapping along when King Fat Ass was telling a room of cops that they shouldnā€™t be nice to criminals when they arrest them, that they shouldnā€™t protect their heads from being banged on the car when they put them in the back in handcuffs. But, heavens to fucking Betsy, please be sure to cradle Roger Stoneā€™s balls when you arrest him.

20 Likes

Dammit! Did you have to do that? Really???

3 Likes

If that happens Iā€™m sure we here will be glad to disinter you and take you to the capital to lie instate so to speak. Sort of a delayed Weekend at Bernies, but with a bench not a beach.

7 Likes