Discussion: GOP Rep: Border Crisis Won't Hurt GOP Since 'Americans Care More About Americans'

You gargle something, Congressman?

The New Colossus
BY EMMA LAZARUS
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

1 Like

Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) and Rep. Adam Smith (D-Calif.), the leading members of the armed services committees, wrote a letter to Mattis on Wednesday requesting assurances that members of Congress would have access to any migrant facility established on a military base. The letter, sent before Trump dropped his family-separation policy at the border, said that it was essential to have access even in cases where only short notice is provided.

4 Likes

Right. And only Americans are Christian. Got it you old fraud.

1 Like

The poll asked about immigration generally, then about legal immigration. The numbers for legal immigration were, not surprisingly, higher still.

When did the GOP accept the job of making Democratic campaign ads?

1 Like

This gang cannot do anything right. I mean, we all know that the ‘order’ Trump signed yesterday won’t apply to existing family separations and has a smell date of 20 days, after which the courts will declare it illegal. However, by immediately advertising that they’re going to back to kidnapping children in late July, they undercut any short term benefit.

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they’re idiots, but this request takes stupid to a whole new level.

1 Like

They’ve finally grok’ed the harm the photos of crying toddlers are causing them and are trying to close the barn door, just a tad late.

Is there any hope to flip this turd’s seat?
Christ, he’s loathsome. One day he’s masquerading as a “moderate,” the next he flip-flops back to the fascist right. He’s a total opportunist and hard-core Republican, which definition is pretty much all you need these days to know he’s a p.o.s.
I really hope the Dems are running a strong candidate against him.
It. Is. Time. For. Him. To. Go.

I remember that all the returning POW’s from Germany were immediately transferred to prison camps in the USSR for being traitors. Then there was the starvation and people informing on one another…
I have a real fondness for the Soviet people, I like their language and their classical and folk music, but they sure did get a rotten set of rulers both imperial and soviet.

2 Likes

Huh. Just try telling that one to Trump!

1 Like

to my infinite regret, i have yet to see a taco truck parked on any corner in my neighborhood

2 Likes

I sure am tired of all the “real Americans” only being in the Midwest and the South

1 Like

Not so much actually.

Melania wore a jacket to her photo op in Houston that says on the back:

I don’t care, do u?

And everybody saw it when she walked back up the steps to AF1.

3 Likes

don’t worry, our new budget will cover it!

yes, but they all did a lot of documentation - there are archives full of papers and photos - all meticulously kept and maintained by the vast Nazi beauracracy. That’s why prosecution could happen the way it did. The only people who really didn’t know were apparently everyone living in the towns next to the concentration camps.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow.

I see my problem - every now and then I accidently ascribe a modicum of “normal” to these twisted drongos, my bad…

the band alone can really set you back

1 Like

Our Armed Forces made a point of forcing the locals to tour the camps.

1 Like

How do New Yorkers keep that bucket of puss in office?

1 Like

As if. Yeah they knew.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available