Discussion: Gillibrand Intros Bipartisan Bill To Alter How Congress Handles Harassment

1 Like

Does it include anything about due process?

6 Likes

Fair to say Senator Gillibrand is tossing her hat into the 2020 Presidential ring. Running mate suggestions anyone??

2 Likes

Trump: No way will I sign this. I will run against this in 2020.

2 Likes

Running mate? Hmm… there’s gotta be another man-hater in Congress. Don’t think it could be a trans representative though. Might complicate things.

Meanwhile, Republican Tax Bill about to ‘harass’ all of us.

1 Like

Don’t give him any ideas

She said that she isn’t running

1 Like

Senate Majority Leader Gillibrand, 2020?

Warren has specifically focused on our most influential adversaries, the ones on Wall Street, everything else is a distraction until we put a shock collar on the CEO’s and an ankle-bracelet on the derivatives scammers.

Turn the economy into a real commonwealth first, then a lot of the social-issue changes like these Gillibrand is promoting will be easier to pass and perpetuate.

As long as that greed incentive rules governance, nothing of real social value can be done. Ms. Warren is laser focused on that hyper-pertinent hingepin, and she’s no stranger to the social issues, either.

Call me crazy, some do, but “Warren/Clooney 2020” was never meant as a joke.

2 Likes

Uh, men who assault and grope women ARE a real issue.

8 Likes

Now, if we could only amend this to also cover inhabitants of the White House!

3 Likes

Why is everyone making this automatic assumption? What am I missing here?

1 Like

Last I heard there were issues (Rubio, Collins) did they vote?

1 Like

Not a bad idea—although we don’t know the details of what it does to protect both alleged victims and alleged perpetrators legal rights— but it has zero chance of becoming law.

5 Likes

Actual bipartisanship? Fortunately, I was sitting down when I read that.

3 Likes

not yet

1 Like

I guess I may be influenced by the MSM a little, but she seems very ambitious, apparently works well across the aisle, and deftly eliminated a serious Dem contender in Franken…just sayin, aka NOT set in stone, but plausible.

@darcy @inversion

2 Likes

Those men are one issue. Not the only one. But a very real one.

1 Like

humbly edited in respect of that fact… sometimes it takes a second take to put it into the proper vernacular… my point is, disempower the money conservatives and their porcine base won’t have their support. simple formula, difficult execution… but without the money Republicans to protect them, the pigs Trump tapped wouldn’t be wallowing around in our democracy.

If Gillibrand and the Democrats don’t get some street smarts, they will never regain the majority in the Senate or the House. Franken never should have been forced out…how bout due process? Especially with Trump sitting there and being worse than any of them.

Gilliband seems to have backed off on attacking Trump…while she stayed on Al Franken’s case. Is she working for Jeff Sessions?

You’re not missing anything. It’s a clickbait story but you didn’t run with the obligatory responses

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available