Discussion: Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Now Lower Than Obama, Clinton Records

I am not a betting person, but I would consider participating in bets on how long it will take before Trump beats GWB record.

1 Like

36% makes sense. That is the amount that voted him in.

But thatā€™s not exactly true. Look at how Bush got down to 25%.

We need to stay the course, and oppose the things that really matter and that we can do something about like;

1. focus on Russia, specifically an independent commission that will do a forensic accounting of Trump and his familiesā€™ finances;
  2. opposing ā€œtax reformā€ which is just a way to divert more money to the top 1% (or top 1% of the 1%);
  3. opposing any healthcare reform that doesnā€™t improve the ACA, and fight for people that will support Medicare-for-all;
  4. focus on 2018 and 2020 NOW! Trump is already holding rallies and campaign events!

I donā€™t really know how to handle Gorsuch, that will be a good few days for Trump if he doesnā€™t fuck it up. I think Dems should avoid forcing the GOP to use the nuclear option as it could be a lot worse in the long run if they do. The best case scenario would be to try to get the vote strategically placed to just deprive it of oxygen. The theft of the seat from Garland was a stain on the history of this country, but we lost. The voters didnā€™t hold GOP senators accountable, and we lost the presidency. So one way or the other Gorsuch will be a SCOTUS Justice.

Donā€™t know why Iā€™m preaching to the choir hereā€¦

2 Likes

IT will be the worst case in the long run for the GOP because they are going back into the minority next year.

I donā€™t think theyā€™ll follow through on their threat and I want Gorsuch filibustered. And the last thing i want us to do is bow to GOP threats. Fuck that.

13 Likes

itā€™s weird to me that i have to root for comey when he violated all FBI principles and got this asshole elected.

8 Likes

I still think his hand was forced.

As I understand it, the rogue agents in New York who forced his hand are under investigation themselves.

7 Likes

Did Cheney ever get above 20% after Katrina?

I smell a limbo challenge. >>> Trump vs. Dick

4 Likes

he could have said no and told them he would fire them for cause if they followed through.

3 Likes

He keeps gaining surface area, but the number of gravitational objects is also increasing. In all, the projection holds.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know what the pressure was.

Whatever - everybody can come to their own conclusion about Comey. Right now Iā€™m depending on him.

Everyone is free to make his or her own assessment. I donā€™t have any answers to what happened there.

6 Likes

Plus the repubs have said they would use it for any scotus nomination that the dems filibuster. Sort of makes the filibuster a moot point. If they are true to their word (I know I can hear the laughter already) then you may as well filibuster the first one and see what they do. You will be no worse off for the effort.

4 Likes

Or they voted in states where their vote counts for less than a vote in a more rural state.

2 Likes

Right there with you. But as I said elsewhere, CYA mode might not be as good as principle, but in this case it might get us close enough.

6 Likes

NY and DC offices were going to leak the ā€œinvestigationā€. but you have to admit rooting for comey is weird.

1 Like

Looks the same on the stat sheet.

4 Likes

Dumber? Probably not. Self absorbed? Absolutely.

1 Like

Weā€™re in the same situation with a lot of the media, and now weā€™re so scared the ratings and clicks are through the roof because of the fear their bad reporting caused in the first place. I think thereā€™s a serious problem inside the FBI, but I hope overall the bureau can get this job done. If they canā€™t were totally screwed.

4 Likes

As top US coal boss heā€™s a true purist. You donā€™t mine coal for jobs, or for the economy, or for energy, or for warmth. You burn coal solely for the elemental, unadulterated experience of raping the environment.

1 Like

yeah. i live in illinois. but we did vote kirk out and duckworth in. sweet.

2 Likes

During life, we have to learn about what has been called the ā€œDunning-Kruger effectā€.

My mother just used the old adage:
ā€œYou canā€™t tell someone they are ignorant.ā€

Better yet is this quote:

ā€œFive percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.ā€ ā€• Thomas A. Edison

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available