Discussion: Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Now Lower Than Obama, Clinton Records

Bad…so very very bad…

This must be that “winning” he told us we’d get tired of.

I’m not tired yet…

1 Like

Gallup has their Presidential Job Approval Center. You can select which President (going back to Truman) underneath the graph, and to make it easier click “3 months” at the top of the graph:

3 Likes

I really don’t disagree, but for one wrinkle: Clearly Bush Jr. was worse than a free hemorrhoid, and it took the GOP base, two terms, millions of unnecessary deaths and the Great Recession to see that.

They are off to a faster start this time around, so that’s a silver lining.

5 Likes

Nothing on Fahrentold, Eichenwald, Korn. Lots about Nunes, though. I’m starting to think up nicknames. Also Cilizza, purveyor of on the one hand on the other hand for a decade at Wapo, is off to CNN. Fahrenthold wisecracks that he passed the physical, but that F. thought his rotator cuff might be a problem. For non baseball fans, it’s a common problem in pitcher’s arms but this refers to Cilizza’s weathervane reportage. Back to work for me.

1 Like

I don’t know that that is going to be something a lot of people know or pick up on.

You either trust Louise Mensch or you don’t and I don’t know that an investigation inside the FBI would be public.

She claims some inside sources for her stuff and I am wary, but so much of what she’s said so far has turned out to be verified.

1 Like

Folks, a .360 batting average is good enough for the Hall of Fame. It’s big league.

W doesn’t need to worry, the Trump administration is only 2 months old after all. I am sure he will screw things up to drop below W’s 25%.

1 Like

Pence is dirty, one way or another. The Republicans thought they had a nice “clean” back up plan and it has blown up in their faces. Without Pence to fall back on they are running around like lunatics destroying what little credibility they had.

3 Likes

There is no way Pence would be in that administration or even inside that White House if he wasn’t in on all of this shit.

5 Likes

Call their bluff. Never waver, face them down and make them squirm.

4 Likes

Actually Flynn didn’t have confirmation hearings. His position didn’t require confirmation. Odd, I know, for such an important position. He supposedly lied to Pence, however, which got him fired.

1 Like

Just as importantly, they see that Trump is still pissing off Democrats big time. So its all good. That’s why they elected him in the first place, and he is delivering.

The only thing they are kind of blue about, is he didn’t actually shoot someone on the middle of 6th Avenue. Because they know that would really piss of everyone else. But they still have hope it will happen.

3 Likes

Absolutely - never forget that every move they make cuts two ways. They want to nuke the filibuster? Go right ahead - they are heading for the minority and disarming themselves getting there if they do that.

2 Likes

Hmm… I guess I was thinking of Sessions. It’s getting harder to keep track of who lied to whom and when.

3 Likes

Unless McConnell nukes it now, then reinstates it in 2018 :wink: Which he would clearly do without even a hint of hypocrisy.

1 Like

He’ll have a hard time doing that from the minority. But whatever - we are fools if we cave to their threats.

2 Likes

In expected Bannon fashion, they have picked out a powerless group to attack, and stir up their hate filled base…and the winner is Sanctuary Cities. The AG went to the press briefing to announce new plans to go after those liberal cities that dare defy the feds by refusing to become immigration police.

It lets them shoot at 2 favorite targets, immigrants and liberals. Meanwhile, we are supposed to ignore the orange man taking a dump behind the curtain, no matter how bad he smells.

2 Likes

I disagree regarding fillibuster. Saving the fillibuster for now so that it can be used later for (even) more extreme nominee is clearly pointless: GOP will use the nuclear option whenever they “need” to, regardless of who the nominee is. In the current enviroment, one can keep a fillibuster as an ultimate deterrent only as long as it is never used; but of course if it can’t be used, it is not a deterrent. I would say that Democrats have to make the most out of opposing this nomination and if that “forces” GOP to use nuclear option, so be it. In the long term it could well benefit Democrats and be better for the health of our democracy than a quiet surrender.

9 Likes

I hear you. It is a challenge. Sessions should’ve never been confirmed. There are so many wrongs here.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available