Discussion: Franken Spokesperson: Senator 'Plans To Resign' On January 2

Some Democrats, including Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) have said they think Franken’s departure is premature, given a Senate Ethics Committee investigation into his conduct announced on Nov. 30.

Agreed.

13 Likes

Who is Franken resigning to, and can’t the person or entity to whom he is resigning just refuse to accept his resignation?

1 Like

Clearly…no difference between Trump and Hillary and no difference between Moore and Franken. Obviously.

14 Likes

Not one Republican would have hesitated to take back a resignation, given a chance. And there was never any chance that Al Franken would do so.

14 Likes

Don’t do it Al. we need you right where you are.

3 Likes

There MUST be a collective movement to keep this guy.
Gillibrand and her baby-talk voice can go straight to h*ll.

5 Likes

We haven’t had enough kicks in the solar plexus, this holiday season.

1 Like

But but but…it was so EMPOWERING…

3 Likes

I hope he runs again. The Amy Klobuchar seat could be up if she runs for president.

1 Like

Not interested. I hope people are sending her that message…

3 Likes

Nooooo. A thousand times, Nooooo.

1 Like

Stay Al, stay!

1 Like

Considering this was Roger Stone-orchestrated ALLEGATIONS, I would say so.

3 Likes

Stages of grief:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I see that some folks are still in the denial, anger and bargaining stages.

Take all the time you need, folks, but in the end we’re all going to have to move on to acceptance. Franken is leaving the Senate, whether we like it or not.

1 Like

I would have considered voting for her in the primary, before this BS.

3 Likes

I hope he runs for president. One because he’d be a good one, and two, it would be delicious seeing how it affected Gillebrand’s run.

1 Like

I think Franken will be seen as someone who did the right thing in a difficult situation. I hope that voters in Minnesota give him a chance to redeem himself. I say never say never. Franken could come back to be governor of Minnesota someday.

4 Likes

Bummer. This really didn’t have to happen.
Oh well, on with the fucking of America.

Gorsuch on the SC bench, 12 Heritage Foundation whack jobs in lifetime appointments to federal bench, a major shift in wealth to the wealthy, weaponized BS take down of the man who brought down Sessions and the destruction of Obama Care. All in all, Mitch had a pretty good year.

6 Likes

Uh. Babble is such an appropriate name for you.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available