Discussion: Former WH Spox Josh Earnest Makes Debut As NBC, MSNBC Political Analyst

The “Where in the World Did Devin Nunes Get His Info?” story is sure heating up.

8 Likes

Always liked Josh Earnest, he’s smart, balanced, and adaptably quick “on his feet” to respond in a measured, cogent, and convincing manner.

10 Likes

Josh’s debut as a commentator was smooth and made it seem he had been doing it for years.

7 Likes

So good! Go Josh!

Speaking of good news people vs. horrible news people. Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is bad for America.

Ted: “You have attracted people who think Ideology is more important than facts.”

Watch Sean squirm here:

7 Likes

Now if NBC would just fire Chuck Todd. All he’s really good at is telling us what polls (we) think… And we saw where those polls got us last November.

3 Likes

Great news. I love Josh Earnst, he’s good at what he does.
Plus it’s nice to see som Democrats on TV for a change

2 Likes

I like Josh. He seems so…I don’t know what you’d call it…like, sincerity combined with energy. What’s the word what’s the word…hmm…

2 Likes

Nice to have some great news to start the week! He’s so good at distilling things to their essence – and so droll. But now I may have to see if some streaming service has MSNBC – cut the cord a couple years ago.

1 Like

1 Like

Oooh! Oooh! I know! Earnest?

1 Like

I liked Colbert’s take on his name. (Paraphrasing)–Josh Earnest, whose name means “just kidding… and completely sincere.”

1 Like

I really like this guy. Every time I see him on the teevee he as something substantive to say, backed up with having command of the subject and the facts.

And he’s quick on his feet - Bonus when dealing with Lies and the Lying Liars That Tell Them!

Glad to see this. I think he’s got a real future in politics.
Not to mention…could you pick a more perfect name for a political-type in these trying times?

1 Like

Enjoy the calm before the tweetstorm.

Certainly, but he’s young. Needs to get his name out there.

I think this is a good move for him, was hoping for it actually.

SAD!

(fine - is this descriptive enough?)

Might ask Carmen SanDiego…

To carry it the extreme 'You gotta be Joshing me!"

2 Likes

MSNBC’s site is flaky and incomplete, but you can get a lot of their content on it if you persevere.

Republicans are anything but “reflective.” Possibly he said “reflexive.” Which is republican by definition.

Try this one:

Not flawless, but much more stable than the other one I’ve found (and even more than MSNBC’s own, at least for me). Minor warning: if you’re watching for a longish time (the Hayes-Maddow-O’Donnell prime-time lineup, say), it automatically forwards to another page after about two hours or so; just back up again or refresh/reload during a pre-2-hour break and it’ll be fine.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available