Discussion: Ford Confided In Many Friends About Her Fear Of Fallout From Airing Accusation

The Republicans are walking a fine line here and will be at the hearing Monday. They are not just risking Kavanaugh’s supreme court confirmation (I think he will be confirmed) but also turning off educated suburban female voters (and others)…in November.
There is a lot at stake for them here.

And the sort of bullshit overwrought “musing” in this editorial is so out of step w/ where we are in 2018…it’s a relic. It’s like something I could hear Emilio Estevez saying in a voiceover from a bad straight to video movie from the late '80’s. It is laughable and pathetic.

The hosts of Pod Save America nailed it. It’s remarkable and telling who people choose to identify with now…pay attention to this. Many lawmakers and pundits and other politicos are identifying w/ the predator and what he has to lose…they can’t identify at all w/ the victim and what any of these experience (separately let alone combined) must have been like for her.

1. being pulled/pushed into a strange bedroom unwillingly
  2. having the door locked behind her by a drunk guy
  3. being shoved onto a bed by a drunk guy
  4. having a pasty sweaty drunk guy get on top of you and hold you down, and try to take your clothes off
  5. having a pasty sweaty drunk guy grind his penis into your body
  6. trying to scream or protest and having your mouth covered and music turned up
  7. having a second pasty sweaty drunk dude jump on top of you.
    That these assholes cannot feel any sympathy/empathy for Christine Blasey Ford in these circumstances says SO MUCH about them…we have to vote them out. They have no place making laws or running our country.
3 Likes

I worry about her physical safety too.

2 Likes

Why would they choose 65 women from exactly the time this event happened if they were covering for a different event at a different time?

I do get that there’s usually a pattern and there may well be others, but the women were clearly selected to match the exact time he was assaulting Blasey.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available