Discussion: Ford Confided In Many Friends About Her Fear Of Fallout From Airing Accusation

I can hardly believe someone actually wrote and published this. Not evil? Not evil to force a 15-year old girl into a bedroom, lock the door, throw her a bed, lie down on top of her, grind your genitals against her, try to take her clothes off and cover her mouth to shut her up? What universe does this person live in?

7 Likes

Thomas played the race card, said it was a lynching by proxy. A black woman scorned tried to lynch him. Oy!
What card does a privileged white guy play?
They’ll give him a pass. Flake and Collins playing coy, pretending to be agonizing over the matter.
Pardon me while i puke.

1 Like

“…One by one, drip by drip, and Kavanaugh will be forced to resign from the bench…”

Never no happen. Once appointed, only death will rid us of this high priest.

The smiling red-faced drunk, Kavanuagh. I’m glad the smile was wiped off his face.

There is something pervy about him.

And truly creepy. The coaching of the girls team harkens back to his halcyon days of high school, doesn’t it?! Like I said, creepy…

3 Likes

Yes. Not a joke.

Marcy Wheeler is my source on that. https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1041700328188661760

It is jaw-dropping. I simply cannot believe that someone at a major newspaper can editorialize that attempted rape of a young girl is simply stupid–and that the paper would publish it. If you want to talk about something being evil…

4 Likes

Wow no wonder they had the 65 woman ready to claim he wasn’t a pervert, he is and there’s definately a lot more out there. No wonder they put the questioning off till next week. I’m guessing he’ll resign before Monday, probably some off hour during the weekend.

2 Likes

Wingnutopia

1 Like

Sounding more and more like the (sane) media and the (sane) public can’t ignore that this woman is the real deal. I predict Kavanaugh will go down. We’ll still get a xenophobic, sexist, racist, corporate-boot-licking homophobe in court, but at least the judge won’t be a rapist…

Kavanaugh had no trouble trying to deny a young woman an abortion. Apparently women have to be fully responsible when in their teens but boys will be boys. So drunk they don’t even recall what they did.

Salem witch trials? Echos of “hi tech lynching” verbiage.

5 Likes

So, to recap, my client only wounded the victim in trying to kill her by stabbing her and shooting her, but she survived, so no fatal knife wounds occurred, no mortal gunshot wounds. The Catholic Church would scoff at calling it a sin, because pedophilia. And, remenber Ronald Reagan? Those were the days. They were awesome.

3 Likes

I have a few more things to say

1. Mark Judge was a blackout drunk. He’s written a memoir about it (Hazeldon publisher) that is available on used book sites online. There are references to BK being drunk in it. Highly unlikely that MJ would recall this incident.
    I also wonder if BK remembers it…he drank heavily.
  2. I remember Mark Judge frequently jumping on top of his friends at parties. They’d be standing there drinking and he’d run up and tackle them. When I read Ford’s account and there was that mention, I smiled in recognition (her story is horrifying) of Mark. Mark was a drunk but he likely saved her from getting raped and saved his friend from being a rapist.
  3. Ford only had one beer. So she is likely to remember a lot more of this episode and likely to be the most credible of the three.
  4. I was trying to think of what going to this Georgetown Prep party was like for Christine… thinking about high school in 1981 and how in sophomore year, my friends and I were in awe of or had crushes on many of the older (junior, senior) boys…we would frequently report that X or Y had smiled at or spoken to one of us …it was huge excitement to be acknowledged and to have even a superficial encounter. And it feels so innocent thinking about it. Mostly the boys at my (public) high school were not interested in the younger girls other than just a flirtation. And I would imagine the private school girls had a similar feeling towards the older boys from the private schools w/ a slight difference. Add in the factor that they went to separate schools and so the boys were not socialized to see girls as their peers. They saw them mostly at parties…where there was alcohol and frequently no parents.
    I’ve been wondering if this was at either BK or MJ’s house. If they were already drunk it might make sense that they were hanging around drinking and the others showed up.
  5. I’d like to say one thing about BK’s wife. I don’t know if she’ll do a Mrs Alito at the hearing and clutch her pearls and rush out the door in tears. This can’t be comfortable for her, however, she was George W’s secretary/ass’t and was present during a lot of ugliness and was ok w/ that. And she likely saw her husband do some dastardly things while working in the WH and was ok w/ that. So, please keep that in mind. She knows who she married and was ok w/ that. This is part and parcel of marrying this sort of fellow.
    If it is Alito redux, all my empathy goes out the door. i’ll probably write a haiku about it.
  6. One more thing…same sort of crowd…same sort of thing…

3 Likes

On top of the character assassination now, I believe there will be revenge at some point, or just meted out over the years by his friends and supporters… this is different from Anita Hill in that regard. This is a different level of power.
BK has been a partisan operative his whole life and his network is full of people who are as well and they are not nice people and they don’t like being crossed.

4 Likes

Yes. I suspect he was beating off while he thought up those questions.

4 Likes

Yes, the Catholic Church is what we should look to as the arbiter of justice. (And this move to bring in Catholic theology and obscure Latin terms–what an incredibly lame attempt at obfuscation.) Not a sin that cries to the heavens for vengeance? I wonder what a parent would have to say to that? “Sorry Mr. Johnson but I did something stupid last night–I got drunk and tried to rape your daughter. But, like the Church says, no biggie, right?” Try that one out, Republicans.

2 Likes

Blasey is fortunate to have a career & family not tied with Washington or govt. so they can’t just fire her like they are doing w/ career civil servants. But if they follow the standard playbook of discrediting her entire life, it could still damage her business. And of course truly hurt her family.

These days, I also worry about physical danger. There are enough doxing nutjobs that you never know who will show up to do physical damage.

3 Likes

Nooooooo! Please–I am still struggling to get the image of Trump’s toadstool out of my brain.

1 Like

The Republicans are walking a fine line here and will be at the hearing Monday. They are not just risking Kavanaugh’s supreme court confirmation (I think he will be confirmed) but also turning off educated suburban female voters (and others)…in November.
There is a lot at stake for them here.

And the sort of bullshit overwrought “musing” in this editorial is so out of step w/ where we are in 2018…it’s a relic. It’s like something I could hear Emilio Estevez saying in a voiceover from a bad straight to video movie from the late '80’s. It is laughable and pathetic.

The hosts of Pod Save America nailed it. It’s remarkable and telling who people choose to identify with now…pay attention to this. Many lawmakers and pundits and other politicos are identifying w/ the predator and what he has to lose…they can’t identify at all w/ the victim and what any of these experience (separately let alone combined) must have been like for her.

1. being pulled/pushed into a strange bedroom unwillingly
  2. having the door locked behind her by a drunk guy
  3. being shoved onto a bed by a drunk guy
  4. having a pasty sweaty drunk guy get on top of you and hold you down, and try to take your clothes off
  5. having a pasty sweaty drunk guy grind his penis into your body
  6. trying to scream or protest and having your mouth covered and music turned up
  7. having a second pasty sweaty drunk dude jump on top of you.
    That these assholes cannot feel any sympathy/empathy for Christine Blasey Ford in these circumstances says SO MUCH about them…we have to vote them out. They have no place making laws or running our country.
3 Likes

I worry about her physical safety too.

2 Likes

Why would they choose 65 women from exactly the time this event happened if they were covering for a different event at a different time?

I do get that there’s usually a pattern and there may well be others, but the women were clearly selected to match the exact time he was assaulting Blasey.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available