Discussion: Fool Me Twice: Trump Continues Streak Of Tweeting Polls That Show Him Trailing

From your lips to Herr Drumpf’s ears… Goddess of Truth

He’s just playing to the whole “THE POLLS ARE SKEWED!!!” crowd. Trump being behind by 2% in a poll translates to him having a lead of approximately 5% in the minds of the poor, victimized, white, Christian Teatroll morons who consider themselves the “silent majority,” which they will tell you in all seriousness “has now awoken” and will be “taking our country back.”

6 Likes

Yea, and they shall pour forth from the hills, from the barren windswept plains, from the turbid swampland and they shall deliver the country from itself! So it has been fever-dreamt, so it shall be done.

5 Likes

Yea. Even so, come, Lord Trump.

2 Likes

CRACKER-jack facts.

Okay, all the blatant racism, blatant xenophobia, posting not one but TWO polls where he’s losing and all the blatantly illegal campaign contribution solicitations … come on, Donald, are you shittin’ us? Are you seriously not a troll trying to take down the GOP?

5 Likes

Basically, after scouring the polling landscape, searching in vain for a poll, any poll, that would show Trump winning, they found the one poll where he is only 2 points behind and there a lot of undecideds, which at least gives the impression of a close race and plenty of room for him to take the lead. So, they’re playing their strongest card…out of a very weak hand.

5 Likes

This is classic general election pivot in the Trump mode.

1 Like

more and more this is looking like the Donald Trump production of The Producers crossed with 1984. Lets have the worst campaign ever – while touting Losing is Winning. Now der trump is begging for money from Scotland and Iceland. Dancing Trumps to the right, racist Trumps to the left. All we need is Melania to start saying “Bialystock and Trump”

2 Likes

With such vestigial hands as the Drumpfster Fire has, I don’t think he could possible ever be in danger of stepping on his Johnson. He probably can’t even find it (by himself).

I don’t know. That’s what people seem to be talking about a lot. Probably true. Sad, really.

1 Like

Unless they show your candidate ahead. Am I missing something? You are so smart, tell me, what do the polls say.

The Trump campaign is displaying all the tropes of modern conservatism. An almost pathological desire to be bigger & badder than others? Check. A supreme incompetence that completely contradicts the first assertion? Check! A thin skin and chronic sense of entitlement, toxic immaturity and unable to handle pressure, criticism…? Check and check…

Most of all, it’s the supreme incompetence that I really love. These fuggers back up their “Make America Great Again” talk with some of the most boneheaded moves imaginable. Who needs a ground operation to GOTV? Who needs fundraising and money…? Hahaha!!!

5 Likes

I both fear and anticipate, with great excitement, the coming Google Singularity. I might even be able to upload myself at that point and become One with it.

There are many worse options in Life that I cold escape with that Fate.

2 Likes

“Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical.” Yogi Berra

Likewise with polling, I suppose.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a mistake. He’s showing the poll most favorable to him. Trying to say, ‘hey, it’s closer than y’all think.’ May not be smart, but I really don’t think it’s a mistake.

2 Likes

Seriously, if someone very deliberately tried to blow the GOP to smithereens, could they possibly do it better than Trump? I don’t think so!

1 Like

Wagonmound, your language is offensive.

Ignorance is strength.

And The Donald is a doubleplusgood duckspeaker.

1 Like

I have long contended that this is just a big elaborate hoax to allow tRump to add “… and Former Presidential Candidate!” to the list of titles that precede his name when he is introduced in public. What ever kind of -illionaire he is, how would it harm The Donald?

In a severely conflicted way though, I can’t really accept that he would be smart enough to intentionally prank/scam the entirety of the GOP, all the constituents, and his staffers well enough to actually pull it off. I mean, really. Intentionally (and illegally) soliciting all the PMs of Iceland, liberal PMs of GB, Denmark, etc. for illegal contributions? Really? Well played, sir. Well played.

In his next memoir he can claim the Joaquin Phoenix performance-art defense.

1 Like

Not only is the Yammerer trailing in all polls out recently…he’s trailing by more and more everyday it seems…only to be disingenuously pointed out by Toady Todd that this Yammerer leads in the polls as it pertains to terrorism and ignoring those same polls and their trends by selectively pointing to only one aspect of one poll rather than the overall poll itself. How fucking convenient.

It really is a continuance of the Palin-ization of cable news. According to Todd, perception is reality. No jackass, your lack of accurate reporting vetting the fucking candidate in the first place is what leads to a false perception over reality, and a false equivalency to be used by you whenever the mood suits you. Oh dear. Why do I torture myself watching these assholes on TV?

Oh, and on the issue of torture…can we talk about his fucking waterboarding notions again as a form of vengeful payback. Its illegal, immoral, and unethical not to mention un-American, putting our own military in danger of reprisals…How about we talk about that a little more? There’s no “on the other hand” when it comes to advocating torture. Its all bad.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available