Discussion: First Lady Spox: Don’t Read Too Much Into Her ‘I Really Don’t Care’ Jacket

The mind boggles.

Who staged this event, and let her wear that jacket?

92 Likes

NOTE TO SELF: Never let Stephen Miller help you get ready for your trip

93 Likes

Meta-messaging. Could her husband be blackmailing her?

14 Likes

…she said laughingly, as she reached for more cake.

60 Likes

It seems she consulted Britain’s Princess Michael for her fashion attire.

She can borrow the Princess’s blackamoor brooch when she meets with the NAACP.

19 Likes

I don’t want to comment on fashion, but that’s worse than Michael Dukakis in the tank.

41 Likes

Reached for comment Thursday, Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for the first lady, told TPM: “It’s a jacket. There was no hidden message."

No disagreement there! It’s not hidden at all.

101 Likes

So we know that Dotard doesn’t read, but I guess she doesn’t either.

THIS IS FUCKING TONE DEAF.

55 Likes

“It’s a jacket. There was no hidden message. After today’s important visit to Texas, I hope the media isn’t going to choose to focus on her wardrobe.”

No kidding, an I DON’T CARE jacket isn’t like a flag pin or anything.

71 Likes

I am going to be generous here and say that she was trolling the folks who sent here down to do damage control.

In either case, any chance at damage control is now gone.

45 Likes

The message she is sending on behalf of her husbands administration is pretty clear isn’t it, I don’t care what her soulless flak has to say.

19 Likes

“There was no hidden message.”

No shit!

42 Likes

I will read what I want into that jacket - it’s disgraceful, shameful and unbelievable that she wore it.

My god can y’all imagine if that had been Michelle or Malia or Sasha?

84 Likes

You know what pisses me off to no end about this other than the obvious callousness? It’s that the same white supremacists who screamed at holler that Michelle Obama was dressed like a street walker for her bare arms in her official portrait and for trying to keep their kids from dying from diabetes will defend this craven display with their lives.

87 Likes

Also, Poppy bush’s half assed attempt to show empathy during his reelection campaign, but because he’s hollow inside he had to settle for “Message: I care.”

9 Likes

@davidfrum
Every Democrat who visits the border from now on will wear a jacket or shirt that reads, “I really do care, and i know you do too,” if only because the people who work for them are minimally competent at their jobs

59 Likes

The Trumps don’t know about/don’t care about optics.

5 Likes

I believe it was Malia who wore either a Bob Marley t-shirt or one with a peace sign. The Right reacted by calling her a whore and suggesting she’ll be knocked up with multiple baby daddies by the time she’s an adult.

43 Likes

Thank goodness the media didn’t see her checklist.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available