Discussion: Few Answers For Thousands Of Families Already Separated By Admin Policy

At the end of the NBC article linked above it said that not only must the sponsoring adult be fingerprinted but so must all other adults in the household

2 Likes

JFC

3 Likes

And yet you can bet your bippy that the reunification process they won’t try is anything like bringing children and parents together and letting them recognize each other. Nope there will be paperwork shuffling and I’m sorry there’s no one by that name here and we’ll does the child know her case number and on and on

3 Likes

OT - not sure Trump was ever the moral leader of anything but he actually wanted the Peace Prize.

5 Likes

Yeah because Obama.

2 Likes

I can’t even…

1 Like

This seemed relevant about now.

10 Likes

If all goes well, if there’s any justice, the now-bona fide war criminal will get a “No-bail.”

1 Like

I think folks are missing the point here - lack of reunification isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. The goal of the policy is deterrence, and deterrence would be maximized by stealing the children, deporting the adults, and having the adults relate their experience back in Central America.

Yes, it’s sick and horrific, but that’s the truth of Trumplandia.

3 Likes

It sounds like the permanent separation has been happening for some time. It’s just been a dirty little secret.

If anything, PP and his rat bastards have exposed some pretty serious flaws in a number of our systems. We used to be able to count on people not taking advantage of these flaws but not any more.

2 Likes

Republicans are not honest people.

Purposefully inadequate response to a purposefully cruel policy

1 Like

Not Mitt, Trump made her do it so he didn’t have to hear the Romney name.

1 Like

I’m awaiting the shit storm if one of these kids dies while in custody. Who knows what pre existing medical conditions some of them might have and who is making medical decisions on their behalf?

1 Like

Keep the pressure up. Pictures like this go a long way toward ending this disgrace. This is phase 2 to the elimination of these atrocities. Show what’s happening!

1 Like

False Equivalence is the media’s favorite way to keep Republicans a viable political party.

Honest reporting without this would have killed Republican s long ago

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available