Discussion: Federal Judge Won’t Wipe Arpaio’s Criminal Record Clean

I think that once more and more Democrats use the Supreme Court’s Governor Forced Transvaginal Prober decision to fight off corruption charges, the Roberts’ Supreme Court will reverse itself. I am more cynical about that decision than about Citizens United.

Maddow pounded and pounded on the entire McDonnell family and their greed (including making up that vile name), so maybe we came to expect more punitive treatment, because, after all, we saw it on the television night after night. Reversal of a SCOTUS decision? Only after they reverse Bush v Gore.

1 Like

The thousands of Americans convicted and pardoned by Presidents over the years will be following this closely.

This directly conflicts with pardon info on the doing page.

I rate the chances that rbg traded her vote at approximately zero.

If Arpaio is successful, the next logical move is to simply pardon someone before the charges are filed - a pre-emptive pardon. does the constitution specifically state that a pre-condition to a pardon is a conviction? why not bad acts - or allegations of bad acts?

Anything that makes Arpaio miserable is good.

2 Likes

So he’s gonna appeal to the Ninth Circuit? Yeah, good luck with that.

Homicidal racist trash. We need to remember how many people died needlessly on Arpaio’s watch.

The power to pardon is an executive prerogative of mercy, not of judicial record-keeping,” she said. “The pardon undoubtedly spared (the) defendant from any punishment that might otherwise have been imposed. It did not, however, revise the historical facts of this case.”

Absolutely love this, trump keeps showing his disregard and lack of respect for the court system, singling out judges, etc. and this judge threw his asinine behavior back in his face.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available