Discussion: 'Extremely Past Due': Trump Campaign Still Owes $470K To El Paso For Rally

Cash up front !

15 Likes

Who didn’t know that Trump never pays his bills?

29 Likes

As my late great-aunt was fond of saying:

Don’t hang by the neck, waiting.

1 Like

Apparently the city of El Paso is a bit new to the rodeo. Cash up front, bitches. Consider it a lesson learned. Also, if you get too complainy there might be some traffic issues with that border crossing of yours.

22 Likes

And what are they going to do? Impound Air Force 1 next time he shows up?

4 Likes

The Trumpsters probably thinks they’re justified in stiffing the city because it dared to allow Beto to have a counter-rally and took some of the focus off Donnie.

6 Likes

Every time a trumper gets screwed, an angel gets its wings.

P.S. this is just snark-of course, anyone and everyone should be paid fully and promptly for services rendered.

6 Likes

Okay, photoshop people - time for a picture of AF1 with a yellow tire lock on. We’re waiting…

21 Likes

Beto should run against Cornyn for Senate.

4 Likes

The Trump campaign said it would allow El Paso a credit against Trump’s standard appearance fee and reduce his bill to the city.

6 Likes

However, when dealing with a guy that has a decades long reputation for not paying his bills, then if you get stiffed you own at least 50% of the blame.

8 Likes

El Paso is primarily Democratic. No wonder Trump’s stiffing them.

6 Likes

I’d feel bad for El Paso. But you know, Texas.

4 Likes

What trumper got screwed here?

Why don’t Cornyn or Cruz take a page out of Cotton’s book and suggest the taxpayers just bite the bullet and fork it up? It’s their patriotic duty, or something. “I mean, it’s not they have to sacrifice like the WWII generation! So what if their city is 500k in the red for a meaningless photo op? Or their cows and crops sell for half as much? It’s a small price to pay for the pretend-president to look good.”

8 Likes

This crap really ought to be used against him repeatedly and loudly. Make it simple: “You work hard and pay your bills every month. Shouldn’t he?”

Even the dimmest deplorable can understand that.

12 Likes

Dear City of El Paso,

SUCKERS!

Sincerely,

Those who know better than to extend credit to Trump or his myrmidons.

4 Likes

Yes, he should, and I’ve always felt this way. He’s running for prez in a vanity campaign, and he’ll lose and we’ll never get a Senate majority if egos get in the way of the larger goal of a Democratic majority.

“The requests for oppo on him have completely died off,” a staffer at America Rising, a Republican PAC that does opposition research on Democratic candidates, told the Daily Beast. Requests to the R.N.C. for damaging information on Beto have similarly dried up. Even Fox News appears largely disinterested.

Speaking of vanity campaigns,

3 Likes

FTR, Beto’s campaign paid this particular debt some time ago.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available