Discussion: EXCLUSIVE: Read James Comey's Notes On His Meetings With Donald Trump

The memos were leaked to the AP and to TPM, and who knows who else, very shortly after the FBI/DOJ produced them to Congress pursuant to the Repub’s demands.

If you didn’t see All In tonight, watch the replay later. Chris asked Chuck Rosenthal about the disclosure to Congress, and Rosenthal said it was a big mistake, set a bad precedent, and while he is “not a betting man,” he thinks the memos will be leaked now that Congress had them. Not one minute later, Chris says, “You’re not a betting man, but I’m told in my ear that the AP has copies of the memos.”

Oh and, to his credit, Comey seems entirely unconcerned that the contents of the memos might contradict him and his book in any way.

25 Likes

What’s the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Donald Trump has never had a garbanzo bean on his face.

22 Likes

IANAL, so I’ve gotta wonder if releasing this kinda evidence ahead of a trial might be prejudicial and make the possibility of securing an impartial jury problematic.
If so, it could provide a very different take on why it was so quickly released to the press.

3 Likes

Will borrow this one for sure.

3 Likes

Methinks you know too much.

2 Likes

Golden Showers Thing or GST would be a great name for a band.

4 Likes

Stolen.

5 Likes

cc: @rickjones

34 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

And Mueller keeps moving on.
And AG SDNU.
And Schneiderman.

10 Likes

Already had my say on this in another thread. Tomorrow will be another day of slowly diffusing evil from 1600 Penn. Ave., which will have to be beaten back. Nos dda all.

11 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Did Melaria train in Russia to become the street smart business woman she is? Is that why Putin specifically brought that up with Manslut-Putindickholster?

2 Likes

I just don’t see anything stopping them now. There’s too much of the justice system tied up and invested in this in multiple jurisdictions.

It has a life of its own. Every move they make to try to obstruct bites them hard. This took less than no time to bite them.

14 Likes

Trump’s end-game options are not very bright.

And, dog, I hope this wraps up a bunch of Repubs in its tentacles.

10 Likes

Jesus, this is a long year, and it is only April!
I better pace myself. Who the fuck knows what July will bring!

3 Likes

No they aren’t and I knew they weren’t the day Cohen was raided.

To me that was the real end of his presidency - everything else from here on down is mechanics.

17 Likes

Nunes: This only supports the findings of the House Judiciary Committee (Republican group), and does absolutely nothing to suggest I’m a tool of Trump and Putin.

Trump: Comey did not say collusion. No Collusion. Fake Memos.

4 Likes

The President said “the hookers thing” is nonsense but that Putin had told him “we have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world.” (He did not say when Putin had told him this and I don’t recall [redacted].

4 Likes

“Time from provision by FBI to Congress to leak: 8.4 seconds”

…or about 2.7 millimooches.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available