Discussion: Everything We Learned Today About The Senate Intel Committee’s Russia Probe

6 Likes

“We should have a a conclusion or two by sometime around November 13, 2019.”

28 Likes

DEUTSCHE BANK, MIRROR TRADES, AND MORE RUSSIAN THREADS*

Things financial tend to make my head ache but I post this for those (pretty much anyone else) who understand these things.

20 Likes
Parturiunt montes, nascetur ridiculus mus
3 Likes

I really cannot ask for more than this except for the deliberate slowness they will follow in their investigation. Should they find actionable crimes were committed by anyone in the trump White House then those crimes should be acted on as far as indictments, trials and such up to and most certainly including trump himself.
But this is far better than the shitshow on the House side.

48 Likes

I tried t translate the Latin. Google came up with:
“Mountains are in labor instantly”
Huh?

4 Likes

The translation I found said Mountains of labor produce a small mouse? I took it to mean tons of work with not much to show for it.

4 Likes

Your translation makes sense.
edit
I tried the reverse and got
producendum montibus de parva labore mus

2 Likes

Trying to find a reason to be skeptical, but having a hard time doing so. If Burr is putting on a show of bipartisanship and taking his role as the Chairman of an important committee seriously, he certainly did a good job of acting. He did come across as much smoother, polished and more intelligent than I had expected. That said, I want Schiff, Speier, Swalwell and my fellow CA peeps to get their crack at this.

25 Likes

Did you mean 2018?

The mountains are in labor, an absurd mouse will be born.

2 Likes

@leftcoaster Just out of reach amongst dangling neural possibilities is an adage about an elephant (No joke) labouring mightily and in the end giving birth to a mouse.

@darrtown Darr you might recall this one, being a man of wide life experience and eclectic habits of mind.

4 Likes

Well, '19 would have the House and Senate remain in GOP control without the shitstorm breaking, but still give the GOPers time to run another candidate for 2020. Assuming we’re allowed to have elections them.

Or @sniffit made a typo.

@darrtown: that’s what worries me so much. Deliberate and slow investigations with little bits of info emerging will get overwhelmed in the daily tweet cycle and slash 'n burn rampage the Pukes are running all over DC. People will forget, unless it becomes clear that the Committee has turned into a Great White Shark, there’s blood in the water, and the frenzy keeps it on the front pages.

And if we have the press digging in and keeping it on the front page, will that make the investigation harder?

2 Likes

Seems like the more time between the negative findings (or coverup-shitstorm) and 2020 would be the calculation they’d make, hence 2018 seems more likely to me. Gives them time to recover and change the subject.

1 Like

Yes, and those two seem to be on the same page in terms of getting to the bottom of this mess.I was encouraged to hear that the intelligence review continues and is near completion and that intel agencies seem to be cooperating.

This is a big deal.

6 Likes

Aesop’s fable about a mountain in labor or a poem by Phaedrus come to mind.

2 Likes

They deserve the benefit of the doubt and I don’t think it will take that long to get somewhere. The money trail through Manafort is clear and is already being followed in the Ukraine and Cyprus as well as in New York. And speaking of New York, there is a guy called Preet Bharara who may know a thing or two and will be happy to tell it.

13 Likes

A VERY big deal and DT should rightly be nervous.

11 Likes

I hope not the motor-cycling Phaedrous. we don’t want to go that deep. :wink:

Bingo and Chapeu! Well done, sir! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mountain_in_Labour

1 Like

Imagine the reaction if DT had one of tese after his ass…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available