Discussion: Don't Assume Conservative Defections Will Sink Senate TrumpCare Bill

I don’t know a lot about this case, but isn’t this something that if it’s proven it happened could hurt Sen. Sanders in the end?

I’m not sure I’d want to be him or his wife at this point.

1 Like
3 Likes

Gee whiz, how’d that happen? I’m sure that this would have never come up if he’d won the nomination.

Remind me again just how much his campaign paid to send the Sanders family to visit the Pope? I believe approx. 55 people went along on the chartered 757 (737?)

Pure as the driven slush…

5 Likes

ETA: Yes, I am keeping this bookmarked for the next time a Bernie Bro pops its head up to denounce the “crooked establishment.”

7 Likes

It could. It depends on how much weight (?) is there, two years from now.

Caveat: the guy who started looking into this is former U.S. AG DeGenova’s son.

He’s also a GOP operative.

2 Likes

Eichenwald said that they had books on both of em (Sanders n Clinton).

Now the opponent is Trump, however Handel winning proves that anything is possible.

1 Like

I do need to follow up by stating that, even if Jane had sold off the land and personally pocketed the money, even if she’d sold the land to multiple people at the same time and kept all of the money, even if she’d pre-sold tuition at a bargain rate to families with younger kids knowing that the school was about to go under, NONE OF THAT comes close to the shady dealings of the CR (Current Resident).

Plus, I’m sticking up for Vagina’d Americans these days - innocent unless proven guilty.

5 Likes

It’s primarily about her – it’s her land transaction as president of Burlington College years ago – she allegedly misrepresented donation pledges (required collateral) in the loan document for that transaction, and the college in the end ceased its operation last year because of the deteriorated financial conditions due to what they called the “crushing weight of Jane debt” (© @littlegirlblue) incurred under her. So basically she crushed the college into the ground (and resigned and got a $200k golden parachute!).

If this hurts the Senator… well, he may not have been directly involved in the matter, but he didn’t release his tax returns despite his repeated promise. Why?

5 Likes

Because it was a joint return and her income, and its sources, would be listed?

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not defending Sen. Sanders, especially if it turns out that his wife actually did what is being investigated. Moreso if he was willing to hide that from the rest of the nation during his run for the Presidency.

1 Like

Rhetorical question baby… :notes:

1 Like

Yes, I know you aren’t.

Any presidential candidate should be required by law to release his tax returns. I feel very, very strongly about this.

5 Likes

I wonder if these noodniks even realize they’re killing off their voter base? I wonder if there is anyone that has enough influence to explain that to them in simple terms?

All it would take to accomplish that is to have one or two states require the returns be submitted with the ballot filing.

5 Likes

Is CA the only one moving forward about it now?

2 Likes

Only if, and I mean, ONLY IF, that is the singular message that is drumbeat through the entire campaign in one voice by every Democratic candidate at the State and Federal level. Any hemming and hawing will create division and that cannot be allowed.

1 Like

They don’t care.

1 Like

I think so. Would be enough, though.

1 Like

Yeah but ideally I would like to see one earlier state with a reasonable number of delegates (doesn’t have to be huge) following CA – just to discourage cons and scums like Trump from running.

1 Like

Ideally, it would be New Hampshire.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available