Discussion: DeVos Scuttled More Than 1,200 Civil Rights Probes Inherited From Obama

Color me surprised.

She would be all for the corporal punishment

3 Likes

Processing the stalled cases has been a priority

Yes. “Processing.” Resolving reeks of governance.

May I remind everyone that DeVos and her family belong to a church that were fully in favor of Apartheid in S. Africa and have never offered any apology later when it was outlawed. This was how this privileged scam artist, pyramid scheming bitch grew up. These civil rights protections being wiped off the books by her is no surprise by anyone that’s followed her knack for using charter schools in Michigan to re-segregate the schools here. Also, using taxpayer money to fund private parochial schools has been her other major project in life. She has the ability, and been given permission by this administration, to go national now.

Education and Labor Departments together? No surprise there either.
What’s next is child labor disguised as early vocational training.

4 Likes

“Whether schoolchildren in DeSoto County, Mississippi, are paddled varies by their race. Black students are almost two and a half times more likely than whites to endure the corporal punishment permitted under school district policy for skipping class, insubordination, repeated tardiness, flagrant dress code violations, or other misbehavior: up to three “licks per incident on the buttocks with an appropriate instrument approved by the principal.””

Makes me want to move there, adopt a black child and then dare them to find out who gets to be first to test my warnings.

1 Like

“Sadly, this is the burden we bear in fulfilling our duty to civilize and domesticate the black man.”
-Betsy DeVos

1 Like

“Black students in DeSoto — a suburban area just south of Memphis, Tennessee — are also more prone to face other forms of school discipline. While comprising 35 percent of district enrollment, they account for 55 percent of suspensions and expulsions, and more than 60 percent of referrals to law enforcement, federal education data shows.”

But this HAS to be this way. Otherwise, white Christian nationalist race-supremacists wouldn’t have any data to “prove” they are right.

2 Likes

Admit it. She’s the best and the brightest. And this is just jealousy.

Or rather, she’s the WEALTHIEST. And in Trump’s America, wealth trumps intelligence.

[And the pun was really inadvertent].

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available