Discussion: Deputy Fired For Dumping Wheelchair-Bound Inmate While 'In The Moment'

Discussion for article #232255

Have fun being “caught up in” that civil suit, pigthug.

1 Like

Seems legit.

“Caught up in the moment.” I see. Well, OK then.

when the average citizen just gets “caught up in the moment”, they usually get caught up in some jail time. i think they call it “assault and battery”.

the article didn’t state any further punishment beyond being fired … surely they will at least bring assault and battery charges against the guy … hell, I’d go with attempt to murder and make sure that his future cell mate is some guy that he previously mistreated “in another moment.”

1 Like

I usually reserve “caught up in the moment” for things such as reciting my marriage vows or watching my children learn and grow. But apparently this guy is really inspired by the sight of himself pummeling a guy in a wheelchair. Different strokes.

Clarence Thomas would be more than Ok with this and not even allow the victim legal standing.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/clarence-thomas-silent-but-sure/?_r=0

“Caught up in the moment” to anyone not in law enforcement would translate to “Hothead who will be a liability if he’s not severely disciplined and/or terminated ASAP.”

If being caught up in the moment was some kind of legal justification, prisons would be empty right now.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available