Discussion: Dems: Trump Officials Worked With Activists To Target State Dept. Career Staff

If Republicans take us 10 steps back and when Democrats get back in power, they only take us 3 steps forward…in just what fucking direction are we going?

Lesser of 2 evils doesn’t cut it anymore. We’re on our way out, somebody better do something drastic or one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will at some point.

2 Likes

There is so much here

6 Likes

We saw a lot of this sort of thing going on, both in hiring and dismissals, in the Bush II Justice Department, for instance

In a new report, the Bush Justice Department was found to lean heavily toward Republican or conservative applicants for entry-level lawyer positions, confirming Democratic fears that “politicization” of the department under former Attorneys General John Ashcroft and Alberto Gonzales was extensive, even impacting the hiring process.

and

During the Bush administration, the Justice Department’s civil rights division was run like a partisan fiefdom. Career civil rights lawyers were pushed out and phantom threats, such as in-person voter fraud, were chased relentlessly

We should learn not to let Republicans take charge of the Executive Branch. With a few notable exceptions, they tend toward rampant corruption.

9 Likes

Okie

The same Sanders who is ‘air juggling’ his gun control positions, yes?

5 Likes

Yup…your point?

O that will bring out the 18 year old vote!

[eyeroll]

5 Likes

The most anti American administration in history…worse than Nixon…if the Dems can’t win the House in November…it will be the tipping point where America as we know it disappears.

3 Likes

Unacceptable. :angry: :angry: :angry:

1 Like

There needs to be criminal consequences for white collar crime. Bankers, financial scoundrels, those interfering with employee’s rights, etc.

3 Likes

I was going to say the 1970s, which @geofu54 seems to corroborate.

4 Likes

I know. :frowning: My dad even gets some of his “news” and “analysis” from this loser. My dad’s smarter than that–he should know better. The irrationality of it all still drives me nuts.

2 Likes

well seeing how ya curious

Do ya wanna see more Sanders type politicians in Congress?

Watching Ari Melber, and he interviewed Rep.Mike Quigley today. It sounds like Paul Ryan has stepped right into Gingrich’s shoes. He blames Ryan for everything that’s happened with the Intelligence Committee.

Ryan is to blame for more than that, of course, even while pretending to be “concerned.”

10 Likes

Btw, i dont hate ya dislikes, but im curious by em.

John Bolton . . . Heaven help us all.

2 Likes

Pot, meet kettle.

1 Like

The same Sanders who spent years explicitly not helping the Democratic party build a 50-state strategy, a new candidate base, …etc… Like @maxie he was always good talking about what everybody else should be doing. Meanwhile, Hillary was working hard to reign in Russia. That is the big reason they worked so hard to smear her.

7 Likes

Why do Repubs not care about this country?

2 Likes

Oh man, heeerrrre we go again.

PS: F. B.S.

Heeeerrre we go again!

And furthermore, F. B. S.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available