Discussion: Dems: Trump Officials Worked With Activists To Target State Dept. Career Staff

“Burrowed in…”
Ya gotta love it. They may not be able to resurrect McCarthy, but the language is there for the using. I’m sure incriminating documents will be found in a Halloween pumpkin this Fall.

9 Likes

Good to see the Dems fight back.

8 Likes

Sahar Nowrouzzadeh should bring a libel suit against both Wormser and Gingrich. Since neither one of them is a government employee, there would be no administrative process that Nowrouzzadeh would have to go through first. The prima face case is good enough to get past a motion to dismiss. On the merits, the case would have a lot of jury appeal. DC is chock-a-block full of good, young lawyers who would be happy to take the case on a contingency.

35 Likes

I’m sure the GOP is quaking in their boots at the strongly worded letter I’m sure the Democrats are writing now. Those accusation sure must sting.

Keep at it Dems surely the GOP will be shamed into acting appropriately…and if they don’t just tell them ‘GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR’ and walk off in a huff! That’ll show em!

3 Likes

What I find most egregious about these POGs (pieces of garbage) is that they could have done this crap legally and aboveboard but they CHOSE to sneak around and stab people in the back for…FUN? SPORT? WTF? There isn’t an ethical one in the bunch. AGAIN, I wonder where the hell they grew up and what or who was their ‘role’ model. Certainly not the same USA as me and my friends.

14 Likes

more than half of the office’s current staff are career professionals.

The other half are career amatuers.

9 Likes

I read the letter - boy THAT’LL show 'em - criminals get real frightened when they hear the word “innapropriate”

“Stop behaving thus, or I shall unseal a can of posterior -lashing upon you! I mean - Bpa-free can of course. Organic locally-sourced lashings, I know it’s important.”

1 Like

So I was trying to explain the magnitude of this: how many long-timers actually left the State Department? I seem to remember it was a pretty high number, but is there any reference anywhere to the final number lost?

5 Likes

Trumps dream title, one day at a time,
Dicktadator

4 Likes

Not to mention that fact that in the US, those in positions of power are never held to account for their misdeeds. Prisons and jails are for shoplifters and drug addicts.

Democrats are constantly dumbfounded by the depths the GOP will go to in order to win, and too weak to do anything about it when they’re in power. The GOP will never stop.

10 Likes

When a new Democratic Congress is in place, it’s going to need to be both a governing body and an investigative body for the next decade. The GOP and grifters like Gingrich have completely infected our gov’t, media, business and culture in general. It’s good some of their crimes are being exposed, but we need to all of it out in the open so the younger generations can see exactly who it is that’s so poisoned this country for the past 30 years and can hold them account going forward for the next 50 years.

15 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong about this, but I worked in the government for 18 years (a very long time ago), and I don’t recall any authority to fire or even transfer a career employee for that employee’s political views. That is different for those few who hold “general” positions in the Senior Executive Service, but even there they can’t be fired for their political views, although they can be transferred to a less policy-sensitive position.

13 Likes

Has anyone tried boric acid?

6 Likes

“The law? The law is a human institution.”

2 Likes

So let me get this straight-

The Trump* Administration is caught red handed demoting career civil service employees based on race and political leanings. And Jeff Sessions DOJ refuses to investigate.

When do the civil suits start?

15 Likes

Leaving aside all times things would totally have been better if they’d done what you now think they should have done in the past, what is it, exactly, that you think Democrats should do about this right now, at this point? And please do be specific.

15 Likes

Google: “Democrats currently are in the minority and have no Constitutional powers”.

Followed by: “Republicans control Congress, the White House, and the Supreme Court”.

It might help clear things up for you.

31 Likes

Sigh. Just another garden variety scandal that would bring down an entire Democratic Administration.

10 Likes

I’ll step in here:

They should not take the position that was taken after the Nixon affair and pardon all the participants under the guise of putting it behind us and only looking forward.

They should pursue and punish all participants, prison time if warranted, to the full extent of the law. There should be 11 hour a day hearings before Congress, just as was done in the previous Congress to the Democratic candidate for the POTUS.

We can no longer tolerate the going high when they go low. Were the positions reversed, impeachment hearings would have long since been underway. Were the positions reversed, congressional hearings would be 24/7 for each of the perps and walks in handcuffs to the appropriate penitentiaries would be a weekly occurrence.

And this is where I will probably upset a bunch of folks here: if the current Democratic leadership can’t do this, they need to be replaced. The Dems have been whipping boys for over a decade. That needs to end, in order to preserve the nation.

6 Likes

His “sell by date” was somewhere in the 1990s. Yet he’s still here.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available